How do you relax after a hard week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Im sitting here, watching James Bond, kids and hubby in the playroom and Im supping a very nice very potent cosmopolitan, mmmmmmm slight fuzzy head and its only 4.45 ooops

After a not so successful week (and I know we NEVER admit to these things!!! but Im an honest kinda gal), Im relaxing with the cosmo and it got me to thinking how other people relax, so go on, make me feel guilty and tell me you go to the gym or go for a run :lol::lol::lol: or make me feel better and tell me you dont think 4.45 to crack open the alcofrolic drink is tooo early!!!!:green::green:

he he well done you! Keep your feet up and enjoy your cocktail, you'll need to numb your ears ready for Wagner singing later tonight!

I'd love to say I'd join you but I had a few cheeky ones last night and I still have a headache now. I can't believe I feel this bad after 2 glasses of wine :irked:

Well if its any consolation, Iv only had 1 so far and I have to say Im glad I did the kids dinner first, hubbys not going to be so lucky!!!!

Hmmmmm Wagner - hes got to go tonight, surely!!! Be interesting to see the chemistry between Cheryl and Katie seeing as its been reported lots of bitchy fights ooooer thats what makes TV xxxx

Dont they say something about hair of the dog for a hangover !!!!!!

I love to lie about on the sofa and watch bad TV. Saturday nights are ideal because you can do Strictly and then X factor. I also love to read and do the puzzle pages in the newspaper. This afternoon has been lovely because since I'm suffering from a cold, I've been on the sofa eating Jaffa cakes, watching the entire rerun of Pride and Prejudice with the lovely Colin Firth, and I've done every puzzle in today's paper. Heaven!

I love to lie about on the sofa and watch bad TV. Saturday nights are ideal because you can do Strictly and then X factor. I also love to read and do the puzzle pages in the newspaper. This afternoon has been lovely because since I'm suffering from a cold, I've been on the sofa eating Jaffa cakes, watching the entire rerun of Pride and Prejudice with the lovely Colin Firth, and I've done every puzzle in today's paper. Heaven!

Not a puzzle person myself but ahhhhhh big sigh, colin firth in Pride and Prejudice nearly as yummy as a cosmo - hope you feel better soon :lol:

Well if its any consolation, Iv only had 1 so far and I have to say Im glad I did the kids dinner first, hubbys not going to be so lucky!!!!

Hmmmmm Wagner - hes got to go tonight, surely!!! Be interesting to see the chemistry between Cheryl and Katie seeing as its been reported lots of bitchy fights ooooer thats what makes TV xxxx

Dont they say something about hair of the dog for a hangover !!!!!!

I like the way you put you've only had 1 so far lol. I think Wagner will go next week, he's this years version of those blooming annoying Irish twins.

I'm actually going out after x factor, but don't know how long I'll last though, I'm such a lightweight nowadays

x

Jaffa cakes,QUOTE]

As long as they're McVitties, we tried some tesco branded ones the other day (hubby's idea not mine) and they were awful.

Ooh no, the real stuff all the way for me!

Not a puzzle person myself but ahhhhhh big sigh, colin firth in Pride and Prejudice nearly as yummy as a cosmo - hope you feel better soon :lol:

Thanks, Colin Firth swimming in the lake sure did help a bit!

I don't know if anyone is aware on geek but I like the odd glass of vino.

I have a glass to celebrate/commiserate my week.

what else do I do to relax?

I love to read.
I love to cook.
I love to eat.
I love to immerse myself in a new idea and research research research
I love to geek and facebook.
I often have the TV on in the background and oh er the "lake scene" is awesome.

I must say, my chadders (chardonnay) sounds paltry to a cosmo.

oh and I must say my next few weeks will be swallowed up by "I'm a celeb"......

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is aware on geek but I like the odd glass of vino.

I have a glass to celebrate/commiserate my week.

what else do I do to relax?

I love to read.
I love to cook.
I love to read.
I love to immerse myself in a new idea and research research research
I love to geek and facebook.
I often have the TV on in the background and oh er the "lake scene" is awesome.

I must say, my chadders (chardonnay) sounds paltry to a cosmo.

oh and I must say my next few weeks will be swallowed up by "I'm a celeb"......

Are you saying you are partial to a glass or two of wine!!!!!!!!!!! Well, so far I definately havent been put to shame by anybody exercising - cos I have to say, Im allergic to exercise - its true:green:

Im with you on the "immersing yourself in a new idea and research research research" I call it "getting a bee in my bonnet"!!!!!!!!

and Im with you and v v excited about Im a Celeb :lol:

aaah, a cosmo.. It's 5:45 on a Wed and I could SERIOUSLY do with one now..

is it too cheeky to have one mid week?:o

When I relax I tend to do the following:

I have the DVD player on with either some cartoons, Only fools or some Everybody loves Raymond or King of Queens.

Im always under some kind of blanket or sat in bed. Too many years in hotel rooms has taught me to use my bed for sleeping, as a desk, a couch, a sorting area, everything.

I tend my little farmtown farm on facebook, oh if only my business turned a profit like my farm :green:

I have started reading a lot more lately. Am currently reading a thousand splendid suns.

I sleep a lot, napping is so great.

I enter bunches of competitions online and fill in surveys for an extra few quid.

My messengers are on, on my PC all the time so I chat to peeps usually back in Canada or the USA.

I waste a lot of time googling randomness.

Latest posts

Back