How do you section for micro ring/pre bonded extensions and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody2412

Reaction score
Hi

For those of you that apply extensions I am wondering how YOU section and why? We all get similar results and I was interested in hearing how you guys section. I have seen various different ways and wondered which way works best for you. I tend to section on a slight horseshoe angle at the back and then carry this on to the sides almost like a v if that makes sense.

Rectangles x

Lol! Jody didn't mean the extension sections themselves, she means sectioning the head. I prefer triangles myself.

Jody ditto I do the same x

Jody i'm the same as you too hun

Yes I do my individual sections in upside down triangles. Do you guys leave hair between each section (not bond). I've seen some on the net and no hair at all is left out the whole underneath is in a bond xx

Yes I do my individual sections in upside down triangles. Do you guys leave hair between each section (not bond). I've seen some on the net and no hair at all is left out the whole underneath is in a bond xx

I do this lol x

I do squares. And if it's very thick hair yes I do bonds next to each other for about 4/5 rows to give the bulk of volume without being obvious and then I have the pleasure of putting fewer ontop making it look natural :) x

Is it bad that I don't understand the question? x

Is it bad that I don't understand the question? x

No you were probably busy and only scanned the question, but saw the main title (-:

No you were probably busy and only scanned the question, but saw the main title (-:

Haha!

You mean like sections of the head, not individual sections for the bonds.... Am I right? x

Aw :) yes sections on the head, is there much difference sectioning individual sections either square or triangle? Wow now it is complicated stuff he he xx

I do squares. And if it's very thick hair yes I do bonds next to each other for about 4/5 rows to give the bulk of volume without being obvious and then I have the pleasure of putting fewer ontop making it look natural :) x

So do you mean bonds next to each other AND above each other without a gap? Not had to do this as of yet I just do my rows next to each other miss a small section then do another row. I love all this learning malarkey xx

Ditto

I tend to do the first 3 rows next to each other and directly on top of each other and then the next 3 with a gap row and then finally I may do a brick row to finish but that all depends on the hair and how it looks. Not sure if that makes sense written down!

Sam

I'm not too sure what the OP meant either :o

But whether talking about sectioning the hair out of the way or sections to apply bonds/rings/whatever then mine differ for both from head to head.

Bond placements, rows, sections etc differ greatly depending on hair texture, density, result wanted........ but sectioning natural hair on the head is usually as follows....

If it's fine hair then I will usually section into quarters... ear to ear and front to back but still work from side to side, if that makes sense lol. I have found it's easier to keep the hair out of the way this way as fine hair starts to fall down into your sectioned off area (especially the little fly away babies) and you can keep things tidier with thin hair this way.

If it's thicker then, if I feel like it, I will gather all the hair above where I am working into a pony, twist and clip!

Actually... whether the end result is to be straightened or not when finished is a factor to consider also as naturally wavy hair can get very kinked when twisted and clipped up for a few hours at a time and will hinder your end perfect result.

My god! I really am anal when it comes to hair extensions! :eek:

Horseshoe starting at the base. Brick pattern for thicker hair, or adding volume, next to eachother for finer hair. do a section then miss a section. Then I tend to fill in where needed and maybe add more after cutting too....I just go with the flow really, where its needed. As long as my bonds are perfect little grains of rice and I have no travellers (wandering hairs - hate them!!). Also Im really fussy about the blending - I hate extensions to look like extensions (ahem, Roxy/Stenders!!):eek: xx

Does anybody else do the sides seperate to the back? I totally section off the sides/ top of the head and do my rows at the back. When they are all done i move round to the sides and fill them out... Anybody else do this or do you go all way round row by row?

Same as you, I do back section and then sides x

I was taught to do the back then sides but i think working around the head in a horse shoe section is must more effective and looks better IMO :)

Does anybody else do the sides seperate to the back? I totally section off the sides/ top of the head and do my rows at the back. When they are all done i move round to the sides and fill them out... Anybody else do this or do you go all way round row by row?

Sometimes I will..... sometimes I won't. :D

Latest posts

Back