How do you set your treatments apart from the competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud really..... in a time when there seems to be someone new setting up a business every day (in nails and beauty anyway) what do you do to tweak your treatments to make them extra special or in general to set you apart from other therapists? Trying to think how I can make myself extra unique [emoji3] x

I make time for my clients, granted, it's easier for me to do this because I have another part time job and don't strictly depend on my income from beauty (yet!) and I either go to my client's home or have them in my home. But I've had every client remark on how relaxed the experience was and how they didn't feel that the treatment was rushed.

I have little touches like a bowl of warm water with petals and essential oils on the floor under the facehole of the couch for massages, extra padding on the couch, heated blanket on the couch, a heated towel onto the back when I'm finished working on a clients back, I use hot stones in the massage parts in my facials and heated boots on the clients feet. I ask the clients if they have any favourite essential oils that I can use make notes of things they tell me e.g. Holidays they're going on, when they mention things with their family so I can ask about them the next time....they think I have an amazing memory and really appreciate it lol. I have soothing music playing in my waiting room and treatment room and battery operated candles and an aroma diffuser to create an nice atmosphere.
Each time a client initially lies down for a treatment I get them to do some relaxation breathing to ease them in.
Even during a lash tint I don't leave the room and instead offer to do a complimentary scalp or hand massage. Same for lash lifts.
I take the time to not rush them after every treatment no matter what it is. I think this is a big thing as a lot of salons and spas I've worked in they're like conveyor belts and clients need to feel like they're the only ones in. I've gotten a lot of feedback saying how nice it is not to have to rush. Ok so I could earn more money in the long run but my client base is very loyal.

I also use Ovatu which allows clients to easily book online, sends confirmation emails and text reminders which have cut down on my no shows hugely.

I'm constantly looking how to make myself stand out and am always updating my treatment list, my newest treatment being Mindful Massage which is a massage with some relaxation and guided meditation at the end. Seems to be gaining in popularity and no one offers it in a 100 mile radius as far as I know.

Ok this is turning into an essay sorry lol. Hope this helps xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back