How do you switch off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Hi all.

Ok so this week my little beauty room is appearing on living social, still got a few bits to buy, nervous about first few clients, been living on here and word doing paperwork etc etc.

What I want to know is, when you're self employed, how do you switch off? It seems all I think about is the business. Is it because I'm just starting? Or will it be this way from now on? I feel like I'm being consumed by my thoughts so any help on how to switch off would be great x

No idea, just wanted you to know you are not alone, that's why I'm still on here at 1.30am !!!!

H xx

Haha welcome to the club!

Switch off??? Whats that when you run your own business??? I wish I could but there is always something to think about. If I have a spare few minutes I love to browse the posts on here- helps me to feel I'm not alone!
I do swim regularly which I love - I usually come back with some new ideas for the salon as my mind never switches off!
I'm looking forward to hearing others comments - I've forgotten what it feels like to be totally relaxed...:lol:

copious amounts of alcohol!!!!

And try and get out of the house and away from work to meet a friend for coffee or browse the shops. I also go to the gym around 3 times a week more if I'm quiet.

Turn your phone off at 6pm to work calls it might be worth you getting a separate phone.

Alcohol! LOL Spending money on something that is NOT for the business also helps a little bit... Seeing friends can occasionally help but I find half way through I start talking work again, or thinking about it.

Honestly, I just don't think it's possible to switch off from it. I think about mine 24/7 even when I'm trying not too!

When I first started out I'd work silly hours and still be working at silly o'clock. Now I shut the door of my clinic after the last client of the day and that's it! I do all the paperwork etc between clients. I will sometimes work later than usual if it suits me but i've learnt to say no - very difficult! (and a large glass of vino helps!:lol:).

No idea, just wanted you to know you are not alone, that's why I'm still on here at 1.30am !!!!

H xx

Yep! Thats why I'm editing my website and on Salon Geek on my day off! Can never get away! If I'm not doing anything I'm thinking about it!x

It's so hard to switch off when it's your own business, personally I eat, sleep and breathe my business. I am constantly thinking of ways to keep clients happy, new training, marketing etc - even when i'm in the shower! It's nice to just switch off though, therefore I choose one of my many favourite telly shows, a packet of biscuits/crisps and relax for a bit and I've steered my mind of my business for a while :)

Latest posts

Back