How do you use heated Mitts??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,

Bought a pair of these in my lunch hour (as you do), does anyone have any tips on using them.

I'm doing a client a manicure tonight an just wondered at what point i used them and for how long?

Also though i might use them when removing tips, but not sure how you do this??

Thanks a lot

Em.xx

hi i use star nails bella mani and near the end i spray oil on there hands and cuticle oil then put the plastic liners, then the toweling gloves then into the mitts for 15 min, i also do hand facials using them, if u use creative products u can put solar oil and cuticle eraser on the nails then in to the mitts hth xx

ps they may take about 15 min to heat up

I love my heated mitts! Especially when doing the SpaManicure. After the massage etc, dip hands into paraffin wax, put the hands into liners and then into the mitts for 10-20mins depending.

I use mine during a Spa Manicure and also when removing enhancements. I have those little pink things for removing enahncements that you can get from Nails Plus Beauty or All Things Nails - I put a few drops of acetone in them (I put a drop of Solar Oil in them too) stick them on the end of the clients fingers, whack a load of Solar Butter on their hands ('whack' being an extremely technical term!! :lol: ) pop the hands inside a mitt liner ( or a plastic bag of somekind) then place the hands inside the heated mitts - the heat really does help speed up the removal of acrylic.

JackieMc said:
I use mine during a Spa Manicure and also when removing enhancements. I have those little pink things for removing enahncements that you can get from Nails Plus Beauty or All Things Nails - I put a few drops of acetone in them (I put a drop of Solar Oil in them too) stick them on the end of the clients fingers, whack a load of Solar Butter on their hands ('whack' being an extremely technical term!! :lol: ) pop the hands inside a mitt liner ( or a plastic bag of somekind) then place the hands inside the heated mitts - the heat really does help speed up the removal of acrylic.
I wondered if those finger spa things were any good, might have a look at getting some now - are they easy to clean afterwards??:?:

So just to clarify on the manicure front, if i do the usual stuff as in filing, cuticle work and hand massage etc.. then put some sort of lotion/oil on hands, put in liners into gloves for about 10 mins or so, then remove and continue with polish???

Is that right???:?:

yes hun thats wat i do xx

emmalouisa said:
yes hun thats wat i do xx
Thanks Emma, just thought i'd check.

Em.xx

hi emma also u can offer it as a hand facial on its own another treatment to your list look at my web site xx

emmalouisa said:
hi emma also u can offer it as a hand facial on its own another treatment to your list look at my web site xx
Hi Em, just PM'd you on something.

Em.xx

Hi there

I use them for a deluxe manicure which would also include hand and forearm massage. I have a moisturising masque (cream based) which I apply to hand without rubbing in, then place the clients hands in food bags and place in mitts which are already heated, check the temp is OK for client, and leave them either 10-20 mins. Take the hands out and scrape as much of the masque off when sliding bags off.

They can also be used for speeding up the process of removing extensions.

There are also foot mitts available, but no good for men with size 11 feet!

Deb379
ps you do need to put the clients hand in something to protect the mitts

I use them with a "deluxe manicure" I exfoliate the clients hands with a gentle scrub, file and push cuticles, lightly buff, apply a mask cover hands in plastic bags, put hot mits on for 5min. Then massage with hot oils & polish!

Morning,

Just to say i used these last night after doing all the usual manicure stuff. Put loads of cream on clients hands slipped into a couple of food bags as suggested and left her in them for 10 mins.

Her hands felt lovely afterwards, i then massaged what was left into her hands and arms.

She was well chuffed - and so was i:D

I love it when i spend money and it's not wasted.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice

Em.xx

im glad u liked the heated mitts speak soon emma xx

i dont surpose you could tell me when thermal mitts wouldnt be advised to use

Latest posts

Back