How do you use silk & resin to repair natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooling26

Reaction score
Hello!
I was just wondering if somebody can talk me through how you would use silk and resin to repair a natural nail crack/split/tear.

I have grown my nails really long now and am finding that they are starting to tear a bit more than usual due to the length (the do look gorgeous though and everyone thinks they are false nails because they are so long!).

I saw you can buy the resin and silk strips on e-bay etc, but not exactly sure if they are safe to use etc when you are not a trained nail technician, so I was just looking for some advice. I am a bit of a newbie at repairs etc. At the moment, I just use nail glue.

Many thanks for your help in advance :o) xxx

its a job that needs to be done professionaly. theres a bit more to it than just glueing the silk on the crack.
i'm sure someone in your area will be able to help you out.

Just to add the products sold on ebay are usually fakes and could be dangerous to use on the natural nail,
either get some training hun or find a nail tech that will do a NNO for you with silk, fibreglass, gel or acrylic hth

Latest posts

Back