How does everyone remove Liquid and powder? (I know how to just want your opinions)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuttie_Pie

Reaction score
Had a client the other day who came to me cos her normal tech is on holiday and she just wanted a repair so I soaked off as shed glued it back on. While I was talking to her she told me that her normal tech when she wants a new set will file off all the acrylic (l and p) instead of soaking... Id never heard off anybody doing this....

Do any off you?

I would soak off if I needed to remove but a salon across the road from me uses her electric drill to remove them!

I soak off using the tin foil method x

I soak them off aswell using the acetone drenched cotton with aluminium foil twisted around+ plastic bag around the hands + heated gloves over those to speed it up

yer i have always been shown to soak off but this lady was adamant she has never soaked in the 3 years that she has constantly worn nails.....

I soak them off aswell using the acetone drenched cotton with aluminium foil twisted around+ plastic bag around the hands + heated gloves over those to speed it up
I also use the tin foil soak off method.

However....quick question....
When you put the plastic bag around the hands then heated gloves, do you ever get the acetone leak out of the foil just a bit? Just thought I'd ask as I've never done this myself, just would be a little worried about melting the bag and heated mitts?

I've heard that others have used this method too.

Just interested.:)

Don't over soak the acetone on the pad.

if i am soaking one or two off, i use tinfoil method, so i can carry on with the service. however i use a bowl with acetone over my heated mat if i am taking off a full set. i always thin the nail overlay down with my e file first before i place in acetone whichever method i use. i wouldnt use my file to remove a whole set as its gentler to soak off.

has your lady definately had l/p, because the only time i would file off completely is if it were a gel set.

Personally on my own nails I file off (L&P) simply because it is faster and less fiddly than soaking off my own... and I always leave about .5 of a mm on the plate just for extra protection... If a clients nails need to come off I use the tinfoil method - but I am looking at getting a sonic remover eventually as well.

Had a client the other day who came to me cos her normal tech is on holiday and she just wanted a repair so I soaked off as shed glued it back on. While I was talking to her she told me that her normal tech when she wants a new set will file off all the acrylic (l and p) instead of soaking... Id never heard off anybody doing this....

Do any off you?

I think in this instance when a client has repaired an enhancement with adhesive by herself...then the only option is a soak off of that nail. Filing down and leaving just a small amount of product could still leave bacteria trapped behind...as the client was definitely not working in a sanitary manner doing her DIY repair. IMHO

if i am soaking one or two off, i use tinfoil method, so i can carry on with the service. however i use a bowl with acetone over my heated mat if i am taking off a full set. i always thin the nail overlay down with my e file first before i place in acetone whichever method i use. i wouldnt use my file to remove a whole set as its gentler to soak off.

has your lady definately had l/p, because the only time i would file off completely is if it were a gel set.

Defo L and P that she had on it files so different to Gel.....she has had the same woman do them for years.....

What is a sonic remover? Never heard of one of those.

Have u ever seen a sonic jewellery cleaner? its kind of like one of those, same technology, stainless steel, u fill it with acetone, it warms the acetone slightly, client pops fingers in the bowl and the 'sonic' vibrations go to work, the acetone is still the main remover but the sonic vibrations make it all just fall off the nail leaving the nails perfect - no scraping, wiping, or re-dipping - just 15-20 mins in the sonic remover and her nails come out perfectly product free :)... the only prob is they cost a FORTUNE lol.. looking at near $400 for one.. but I think its worth it in the long run.

If she has worn nails constantly for 3 years...
Could she not be confusing a maintence - file down and reapply - with a removal?
x

Defo L and P that she had on it files so different to Gel.....she has had the same woman do them for years.....

seems odd, maybe her tech has an alergyto acetone or something or doesnt want to damage her polish maybe ?

or could be client hasnt taken any notice and doesnt really remember.
sometimes a client will come to me for months and say 'oh whats that your doing ?' and i'll say 'its the primer [or whatever], you always have it !

When i do soak off ((if i have to)) I use the cotton swab/acetone tinfoil method, but I'm trying to stear away from removing my clients completely as i dont want to encourage the "fake" mentality that some have.. If I'm constantly taking them off and putting on fresh tips it sort of sends a message to my clients that they are not "hers".. make any sense.. ?? That said i have a couple ladies who prefer fresh sets with tips rather then nno, and some are just too rough and i have no choice. The sonic remover sounds good though, does this save time?

I file them just a bit then use my Sonic Touch.....works fab and soaks them off lickety- split!

I also use the tin foil soak off method.

However....quick question....
When you put the plastic bag around the hands then heated gloves, do you ever get the acetone leak out of the foil just a bit? Just thought I'd ask as I've never done this myself, just would be a little worried about melting the bag and heated mitts?

I've heard that others have used this method too.

Just interested.:)

I never use lots of acetone just to avoid leakage "just what necesary to cover the nailenhancement itself + before i place them in the plastic bag i wrap the fingers individually with plastic foil that i have pre-cut and ready, just like the aluminium foil. The plastic bag is kind of 'though' aswell since it is pretty thick plastic.
I have never experienced leakage from what i can see on the plastic bag that was covering the hands. Since the heat speeds up the proces i found out that you don,t need to use that much acetone in the first place, so no leakage " up untill now anyway after 7 years" :rolleyes:
I defenitly won,t claim that this is the best way, but it has always worked for me and cutted back on the totall "soaking" time

Hope this was a proper answer :wink2:

Do any off you?
on all my clients except one i soak off with foil..the reason why i dont with one is her dermatitis..it absolutely does my head in come rebalance time as she does suffer from alot of lifting, so i practically file everything off.

What was the condition of this clients nails like?
And dont you hate clients who get out the adhesive!:irked:

Latest posts

Back