How does she do it...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I wear wrapped nails and have done for over one year now and I recently changed to another system and as have my clients.

No I have no problems and have very long nails sometimes a little to long, but I really really really have to do something very harsh to scrap or break one...so I dont understand why one of my clients who I double wrap every nail no and keep them v.short still manages to break her middle fingers on a regular basis.....she doesn't pick or bite and they are never brittle from over activating...it drives me mad :(

However it doesn't worry her in the slightest that shes paying for repairs all the time, so I just tooddle round their and pop on a newbie but I worry it doesn't look good for my business....

I really dont understand how anyone can break so many...it really drives me potty that anyone can be that clumsy...so please tell me to stop stressing out and this will always be the case with some clients? :o

Fab Freak said:
I wear wrapped nails and have done for over one year now and I recently changed to another system and as have my clients.

No I have no problems and have very long nails sometimes a little to long, but I really really really have to do something very harsh to scrap or break one...so I dont understand why one of my clients who I double wrap every nail no and keep them v.short still manages to break her middle fingers on a regular basis.....she doesn't pick or bite and they are never brittle from over activating...it drives me mad :(

However it doesn't worry her in the slightest that shes paying for repairs all the time, so I just tooddle round their and pop on a newbie but I worry it doesn't look good for my business....

I really dont understand how anyone can break so many...it really drives me potty that anyone can be that clumsy...so please tell me to stop stressing out and this will always be the case with some clients? :o
Stop stressing out Lou as this will always be the case with some clients! Do did ask me to tell you that!!! Seriously though i find the same thing: i never break and i'm not extra careful or anything but some people must be bricklayers or something on the side!!

Louise,

she will be accepting this as she probably knows it is down to her - great client - it makes a change when they dont make it your fault.

Find out what she might be doing to break this nail - it may just be as simple as putting pressure when she is opening a screw lid jar.

Have you tried doing a L&P nail on this one only to see if it makes a difference.

:lol: Stop stressing out and this will always be the case with some clients. :lol:

naturalnails said:
Louise,

she will be accepting this as she probably knows it is down to her - great client - it makes a change when they dont make it your fault.

Find out what she might be doing to break this nail - it may just be as simple as putting pressure when she is opening a screw lid jar.

Have you tried doing a L&P nail on this one only to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks Girls, I just want to have my clients nails as nice as mine, I am proud and I want them to be

....and Fiona and from coversations it can be all sorts, opening a pram, getting out of the sofa, cleaning the surfaces, you name its happened....I thought about the option of a clear L&P but she wont go there, she had a set on once that felt so so tight and uncomfortable and even though I have explained a hundered times, that is wasnt the L&P that caused the pain the tips were to tight or the ratio to wet and shrunk possibly she still wont try...

Fab Freak said:
I thought about the option of a clear L&P but she wont go there, she had a set on once that felt so so tight and uncomfortable and even though I have explained a hundered times, that is wasnt the L&P that caused the pain the tips were to tight or the ratio to wet and shrunk possibly she still wont try...

Louise,
what about having her try one acrylic nail--say the pinky? Overlay or sculpted extension???? :?:

Otherwise I think you're doing fine-- it's just 'her' nails :rolleyes: ...

keep up the great work! :biggrin:

MissNailPro said:
Louise,
what about having her try one acrylic nail--say the pinky? Overlay or sculpted extension???? :?:

Otherwise I think you're doing fine-- it's just 'her' nails :rolleyes: ...

keep up the great work! :biggrin:

Hi Melissa - I have really tried to do down the 'why not just sample L&P even on her big toe as an overlay - but she won't...

I'll just keep on trying...

I used to get really upset and mystified how some clients came back for infills with their nails completely trashed. I would wrack my little brain to try and work out what i was doing wrong until .........

A new client came back for her first set of infills and her left hand was in plaster. She had fallen over about 3 days after I had put her set on and had managed to break four fingers on her left hand trying to break her fall - miraculously not one nail had broken on her left hand! What she presented me with was a lesson that I will never forget and gave me such a confidence boost I couldn't believe it. The nails on her left hand were perfect, there was no lifting, no breakages, in fact they didn't need anything doing to them. The right hand was another story - they were TRASHED due to her having to do everything with that hand. I quickly learnt that my work was not the problem (most of the time) the client's lack of care and attention was!!

Unfortunately clients often won't tell the truth about what they have been up to as they are too embarassed to admit to failure - a little gentle coaxing often gets to the truth.!! If I have a client who regularly has breakage problems on a particular finger thenI re evaluate her lifestyle to ensure that the nail length is suitable.
Regards
Sarah

I have to agree with everone, most of the time it will be the clients fault. The fact that she is willingly paying for her repairs tells you she knows its her fault.

i myself have only been doing this since January and whenever there's a problem i automatically think its me. When you are quite new you don't always have the confidence in your own work even though you should. I know i feel the same way. It takes such a long time to build up your confidence then in one fell swoop one client can destroy it completely.

Keep with it, i have learnt you just get really careless clients sometimes that just think, "well never mind my nail tech will fix it." I have a client who always says that, regardless of the fact it costs her more money, well if she's willing then so am i. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back