How embarrassed were you?...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
.....I have just read tinkywinky's blog and it made me think about a great thread on "embarrassing salon stories" we all had so many to share, so I thought what other stories do we have, here is mine

I used to work in an office and there was one girl who was a nightmare and drove us all mad! Well she handed her notice in and we were all glad I know it sounds horrible but its true.

Me and some of the girls went to lunch and I text a girl who was off sick and I quote "???? is leaving next month YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!"

unfortunately because we were talking about it so much I accidentally sent it to her!!!!!:Scared: I was mortified and was soo ashamed and embarrassed! I was lucky and she took it well but it taught me a valuable lesson.

Karma is a b!tch.:o

so how about you guys?? Ever humiliated yourself???

I have so many cringe-worthy stories...

A few months ago I did a treatment for a client of a fellow geek who was on holiday at the time, i.e. I was doing the client a favour LOL, he came late in the evening when I had been working non-stop since 9am.

After the treatment, I texted fellow geek to say it had been REALLY hard work and I was totally knackered and I would tell all next time we met.

Yes, you've guessed it, I sent it to the client. I wanted to die!

Nothing to bad has happened to me Yet! and I say Yet!
But a colleague of mine at the time who is a male beauty therapist, was doing a bikini wax and the lady was wearing disposables and as he pulled the wax off, you guessed it the disposable underwear came off, he was so embarrassed, this was before the brazilian wax became so popular!:)

Years ago I worked in an electronics factory where we taped wire harnesses together for use in different types of vehicles. Well, a bunch of them came back for inspection and I was one of the inspectors.

I had a harness in my hand and had a question about something. Just then, my boss walked by and I asked him to take a look at it. As he grabbed hold of the harness, (I didn't know it at the time but a connector had found its way inside my blouse) my whole blouse came undone as he pulled the harness for a closer look. Oh, he got a closer look alright...LOL!!!

I still laugh everytime I think of it. Thank God I had a bra on. :)

lovin this thread :lol: that blog was so funny lol...I have a fair few embarassing stories....unfortunately some are not suitable for writing on here lmao :lol::lol:

3 or 4 years back I went over to spain with one of my best mates....one night we were in this really small club dancing...we were about the only girls in there! anyway I was really drunk and didnt even notice that while I was dancing and messing about on the dance floor my top had come undone and fell down...I was wearing a top that tied like a halter round the back of my neck and it had come undone and fell down totally and must have been like it for a while before I realised!!! :o thankfully I was wearing a bra but still!!

At college it was our first day of bikini waxing (as if its not painful enough, having it done by someone who is actually qualified. . . !) After the lesson i went to the loo and to my horror realised my "friend" had not quite got all the wax off. i managed to give myself a patchy hollywood whilst pulling my trousers down! My yelp attracted quite alot of attention and i ended up having to show my class the results the next day as an example of bruising!!
Now i am an immac girl :)

My husband who was a traffic policeman had very sore lips and nicked my cherry lipsalve.After a few hours out in the cold on the motorways he rubbed it hard round and round his lips and went on to deal with an accident ,directing people about and dealing with pick up lorries etc .When he looked in the mirror later he realised he looked like he was wearing bright red lipstick.He didnt know it was a coloured one.

I've been with my husband for 19 years now but i remember when we hadn't been going out that long. I had a crochet type top on and my husband said 'oh you have something red on your top'. He leaned over and pulled the red thing on my top which was actually the underwire from my bra! It had poked through my bra and come through my top and he pulled the whole thing out. Oh i nearly died. :eek:

Not really an embarrasing story i felt more like a bully to be honest.

was doing a manicure in the salon for a lady and we were just talking about how i sometimes i have trouble getting the hand in the right position for me for nail painting

as i was about to explain it's because i'm left handed she said oh your left handed arn't you i replied with yeaaah unfortunately straight away she started defending herself cos she was left handed but in a nice way i don't think she meant to say oi shut up don't be bullying me kinda thing.

i told her that's my lame excuse for poor hand writing.
Wasn't really embarrassing story but thought it would be good to tell

I pumped into a client recently and called her the wrong name... does that count?? I could have kicked myself!

The first time I met Paul he was with his first wife, I with my first husband, we were at a party and my husband took me over to meet his work mate, Paul.
Paul's wife was a bit of a shock because she had permed purple hair:eek:
So later on Paul came over with this woman, who had long brown hair and she dragged my husband on to the dance floor while Paul dragged me up.
So there I am with this very drunk letch who is also a perfect stranger and I gabbled, So, where's your wife then and he's says, dancing with your husband.
Now, I swear I meant to say, thank god for that I thought your wife was the woman with awful purple hair.
But what came out was, thank god for that I thought your wife was the awful woman with the purple hair.
His reply? she is, it's a wig.:eek:
I wanted to die, especially when Paul yelled across the room,
hey Bren, Susie thinks you're an awful woman with a bad hair do:o
Now someone please remind me why I married him:smack:

The first time I met Paul he was with his first wife, I with my first husband, we were at a party and my husband took me over to meet his work mate, Paul.
Paul's wife was a bit of a shock because she had permed purple hair:eek:
So later on Paul came over with this woman, who had long brown hair and she dragged my husband on to the dance floor while Paul dragged me up.
So there I am with this very drunk letch who is also a perfect stranger and I gabbled, So, where's your wife then and he's says, dancing with your husband.
Now, I swear I meant to say, thank god for that I thought your wife was the woman with awful purple hair.
But what came out was, thank god for that I thought your wife was the awful woman with the purple hair.
His reply? she is, it's a wig.:eek:
I wanted to die, especially when Paul yelled across the room,
hey Bren, Susie thinks you're an awful woman with a bad hair do:o
Now someone please remind me why I married him:smack:

I just laughed out so loud! People in reception think I am crazy!!:lol:

I just laughed out so loud! People in reception think I am crazy!!:lol:

What's worse? The people in reception thinking you're crazy, or my dog looking at me, insulted that I woke him up? (it's 1:54 am here LOL)

OK...
Two embarassing stories.
1) I had JUST quit smoking... and the resulting 'side effects' was....... you guessed it... gas... my plumbing was errrmmm backed up, shall we say? I'd been suffering bloating and all that nonsense for 4 days when I'm usually regular as clockwork every morning (as if you all needed to know that, right?) Anyhow... that evening, new client. Came with a regular client. What did I do? I dropped a nail file, bent over to get it.... and you guessed it....RELIEF...
I sounded like a machine gun :o:Scared:
The two of them cracked up, crying. I was near tears from mortification, and promptly explained my dilemma. The rest of the appointment, I had to keep leaving the room every 20min or so to go relieve my 'gas' that had finally decided it was time (how convenient) in another room..... My client still teases me about it.

2) I worked in an investment firm downtown Montreal, on McGill College Avenue... This street
84014019_e0c677618e.jpg

This pic was clearly taken VERY early in the morning before anyone showed up for work. That street, between 8am and 10pm is MOBBED without anywhere to move and cars bumper to bumper.
Further up on the right side of the picture is my building where i worked.
I had stepped out front for a ciggy break on my lunch hour. I worked in a firm with 53 brokers..... and numerous assistants.
It was summer, think 'heat wave'. I was wearing a broomstick skirt.
I put my purse under one arm, and my book under the other, cupped my hand and lit my cigarette and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.... my broomstick skirt flew up OVER MY HEAD!!!!!

Do I need to add that at this point, my backside was to the the street and the pedestrians AND THAT I WAS WEARING A THONG????????

Cars honking... whistles and catcalls....................
I dashed inside as soon as I could find my way out from under my skirt....
Never wore that skirt to work again.

to make matters worse... many of my co-workers and neighbors in the building SAW MY BUTT.... and I received many invitiations to lunch over the next few months which I OBVIOUSLY declined.

Later that afternoon, a particularly lecherous co-worker was approaching my desk with a stupid grin...... I looked up, gave him "looks that kill" and promptly told him "you'd be a very smart man to turn around and go back the way you came". Apparently, he's smart.

I still don't wear broomstick skirts!

I think the moral of the story is to avoid thongs :wink2:

Ah, what a funny post :green:

OMG I have to go to the client's house where I text to say something about being very tired thanks to you....how very embarassing. Any ideas what I should say????

What's worse? The people in reception thinking you're crazy, or my dog looking at me, insulted that I woke him up? (it's 1:54 am here LOL)

OK...
Two embarassing stories.
1) I had JUST quit smoking... and the resulting 'side effects' was....... you guessed it... gas... my plumbing was errrmmm backed up, shall we say? I'd been suffering bloating and all that nonsense for 4 days when I'm usually regular as clockwork every morning (as if you all needed to know that, right?) Anyhow... that evening, new client. Came with a regular client. What did I do? I dropped a nail file, bent over to get it.... and you guessed it....RELIEF...
I sounded like a machine gun :o:Scared:
The two of them cracked up, crying. I was near tears from mortification, and promptly explained my dilemma. The rest of the appointment, I had to keep leaving the room every 20min or so to go relieve my 'gas' that had finally decided it was time (how convenient) in another room..... My client still teases me about it.

2) I worked in an investment firm downtown Montreal, on McGill College Avenue... This street
84014019_e0c677618e.jpg

This pic was clearly taken VERY early in the morning before anyone showed up for work. That street, between 8am and 10pm is MOBBED without anywhere to move and cars bumper to bumper.
Further up on the right side of the picture is my building where i worked.
I had stepped out front for a ciggy break on my lunch hour. I worked in a firm with 53 brokers..... and numerous assistants.
It was summer, think 'heat wave'. I was wearing a broomstick skirt.
I put my purse under one arm, and my book under the other, cupped my hand and lit my cigarette and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.... my broomstick skirt flew up OVER MY HEAD!!!!!

Do I need to add that at this point, my backside was to the the street and the pedestrians AND THAT I WAS WEARING A THONG????????

Cars honking... whistles and catcalls....................
I dashed inside as soon as I could find my way out from under my skirt....
Never wore that skirt to work again.

to make matters worse... many of my co-workers and neighbors in the building SAW MY BUTT.... and I received many invitiations to lunch over the next few months which I OBVIOUSLY declined.

Later that afternoon, a particularly lecherous co-worker was approaching my desk with a stupid grin...... I looked up, gave him "looks that kill" and promptly told him "you'd be a very smart man to turn around and go back the way you came". Apparently, he's smart.

Victoria, you are always so honest and your story made me cry laughing, sorry babes xxx

OMG I have to go to the client's house where I text to say something about being very tired thanks to you....how very embarassing. Any ideas what I should say????

LOL stick to your cover story!! You inspired this thread babes and it is making for good reading xxx

Victoria, you are always so honest and your story made me cry laughing, sorry babes xxx

Glad to be of service .

Hey, think about it: several hundred people already saw my naked butt and KNOW where my beauty mark is:eek:
What's the harm in telling a few friends the story? It can't get any worse.:lol:

You see, that is CENTRAL downtown with all the VERY big businesses of Montreal and of Quebec in some cases. Some very 'HUGE' firms are situated there. It's also central to where all the underground shopping connects: Place Ville Marie, Eaton Center, Place Montreal Trust.... etc... All interconnected underground with companies above. With McGill College Campus at the top of the street. Give it a google... and you'll see how cool my city is :green:
MAJOR tourist attraction.

This is an artist rendering of the building that I worked in... I worked between the 30th and 34th floors.
no7.JPG

The brass doors at the front are probably as tall as my house LOL (that's where I took my ciggy break).

Latest posts

Back