How exciting, I can have an apprentice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise xx

Reaction score
Well guys after you all reassuring me that a log cabin from mobile is a lovely idea I now have even better news :)

I enquired on an apprenticeship website to see if I would qualify with my new set up for a trainee and they rang today saying yes I would! All I need to do is to be able to offer them 22hours a week at £2.60ph (for under 18yrs) and they would pay me £750 after 2 months and another £750 after 12 months as a government insentive!

I expressed my concerns that I wouldnt find a trainee as I expected most would want to go into a busy salon and she said not at all, in fact most young ladies fear that the most and need chance to build their confidence which stops them from training in hair.

Im very excited, I trained under an apprenticeship and loved every minute, I cant wait to train someone the way I do things and have a mini me lol.

Ive got two local colleges contacting me to discuss detail etc and get everything set up once cabin is built and they can see setup and do risk assessment etc, then once Im back from maternity leave itll be all systems go!

Has anyone got any advice? I know the college will tell me everything but im eager to know pros and cons too? xxx

this is so exciting for u :) we have 2 apprentices at the moment and its so rewarding watching them grow! they are both brill and their enthusiasm is contagious throughout the salon! lol its even encouraged me to go back and re-read my college notes. Good Luck xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

How exciting! I'm looking forward to being able to take some work experience students one day!

Latest posts

Back