how far to travel before charging extra?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, how far would you say you would travel (as a mobile therapist) from your home before charging clients extra for mileage? Or would you say a minimum fee?

It really depends on what treatments and how much they are spending.
If they only want a manicue and they live more than 5mils away i would charge a min fee.. whatever your average per hour is how one way you could work it out, as you have to consider traveling time & petrol there & back, howerever if they are spending £30 upwards and your going to be there a while, i wouldn't charge. but i would make it clear when you get there, that if they DO only want one treatment in the future there will be a charge, but if they get a few friends together there wont be. That way it'l boost your clientell coz they'l want to save money.
Hope his helps
CAZ X

Foundations answer sounds good to me, just wanted to add that when I work out millage for one of my drivers, I give him 39p per mile, this is supposed to cover his fuel, wear and tear which with the fuel increases I think is on the light side, with the fuel hikes if I was working this out for my self it would have to be 45p per mile after the first 5 miles. Hope this helps.:hug:

Latest posts

Back