How frustrating? Red to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinead11

Reaction score
So on Saturday I had a walk in who had bright red hair (Xxl live) which was slightly faded! The condition of her hair was fine no problem at all. She pulled out a picture of a full head blond almost platinum. Straight away I told her that is not going to be possible a) because the colour was so bright b) because it was Xxl live c) cause if she wants a nice end result it needs to be done gradually! I advise her the best way would begin with lots of finer lighter highlights to build up overtime and flood a semi between just to kill some of the red tone,( she wanted to go Blonde as all her new boyfriends ex were blondes and he prefers blondes) the end result of the colour was lovely and if I'm honest I was slighty surprised as to how much lighter it did go and how clean the blonde was! She was happy with the colour and really liked it! Imagine today my shock when her boyfriend up loads a picture on Facebook and she is almost full head bleach blonde! We sent a message to see if she was happy with her hair to which he replied he wasn't so she had it re done in the city centre today! Why do people not take our advise seriously there was a reason I did not put a full head of bleach on her hair, the fact it would look awful as it wouldn't lift properly and also cause of the condition. I'm am so surprised the other salon were happy to do that a day after a colour? Do some salons not consider the clients hair condition and do whatever to get the colour even if its the complete opposite to what we all trained to do! I also did say she could have came back but she didn't wanna make a fuss! Sorry for the rant , but does anybody else get annoyed with this????

Did she say which salon? I know a few that would just put it on and not care

Sloppy standards you right to rant-but some people (salons and clients) just don't give a....

you shouldnt have touched it at all without a skin test and strand tests!

I don't get why anyone would want to wreck their hair for a new boyfriend!!!

you shouldnt have touched it at all without a skin test and strand tests!

Opps silly me forgot to mention I did strand test it that's why we went ahead! Didn't want my rant to go on to long lol

Sheesh. I feel more for the girl if her boyfriend cant see her past her haircolour.

What a loser, hope she realised real soon and gets shot of that one.

Dont question your judgement though.

I get the same with Lash lifts and Tints etc..

Drives me INSANE!!!

I don't get why anyone would want to wreck their hair for a new boyfriend!!!

Women can be so fickle! I've had clients love their hair but hubby hasn't so it's back in for a redo...dare I say it seems a little pathetic.

Boyfriend dislikes my hair at the minute but he's never been stupid enough to suggest I change it! X

It just drives me mad! They just don't understand we were doing the right thing yet but what was done by the other salon could of totally wrecked her hair! Some people just want the end results almost reminds me of the girls you see on YouTube doing home videos of them going from black to platinum having bleached bath there hair three times and then full head bleaching it! But it's all ok cause it looks alright !!!!!

Sometimes I wishe there was a like button :)

I would love to be perfect! Let me know how it is (who knew salon geek could be so catty)!!!!!

I would love to be perfect! Let me know how it is (who knew salon geek could be so catty)!!!!!

I was only joking, sorry if you don't get my humour, not everyone does. I am the furthest thing from Catty..mor of a bitch (again that was a joke, just in case)..
Seriously though I for one am not insured without doing a patch test so can't do walk in colours :)

So on Saturday I had a walk in who had bright red hair (Xxl live) which was slightly faded! The condition of her hair was fine no problem at all. She pulled out a picture of a full head blond almost platinum. Straight away I told her that is not going to be possible a) because the colour was so bright b) because it was Xxl live c) cause if she wants a nice end result it needs to be done gradually! I advise her the best way would begin with lots of finer lighter highlights to build up overtime and flood a semi between just to kill some of the red tone,( she wanted to go Blonde as all her new boyfriends ex were blondes and he prefers blondes) the end result of the colour was lovely and if I'm honest I was slighty surprised as to how much lighter it did go and how clean the blonde was! She was happy with the colour and really liked it! Imagine today my shock when her boyfriend up loads a picture on Facebook and she is almost full head bleach blonde! We sent a message to see if she was happy with her hair to which he replied he wasn't so she had it re done in the city centre today! Why do people not take our advise seriously there was a reason I did not put a full head of bleach on her hair, the fact it would look awful as it wouldn't lift properly and also cause of the condition. I'm am so surprised the other salon were happy to do that a day after a colour? Do some salons not consider the clients hair condition and do whatever to get the colour even if its the complete opposite to what we all trained to do! I also did say she could have came back but she didn't wanna make a fuss! Sorry for the rant , but does anybody else get annoyed with this????

I know how you feel, sometimes clients just wont take good advice & as for some salons/stylists well all they are interested in is money in the till!xxx

Seriously, please take a deep breath and read posts for the words, don't try and add feeling to them! It ends up nasty x

I was only joking, sorry if you don't get my humour, not everyone does. I am the furthest thing from Catty..mor of a bitch (again that was a joke, just in case)..
Seriously though I for one am not insured without doing a patch test so can't do walk in colours :)

I agree on the patch test.....better to be safe than sorry!xxx

Ok the patch test thing is going a little off topic (though I think If you are flooding in between foils like you said you did, its hard not to touch the scalp with colour...)
I do feel for you. Very frustrating. You gave the best advice to go blonde gradually.
In my experience, a client who regularly chucks stuff like xxl on their hair isnt really going to take the proffesional advice you gave her anyway.
And unfortunatly there are unscrupulous salons and people who are just after a quick buck, no matter the consequences.
Chin up - you did the correct and proffesional thing (providing no colour touched her scalp, that is. ahem :wink2:)
p.s - I give her a week before she comes back crying as her hair is snapping off because the other salon bleached it to within an inch of its life!
xx

Ok the patch test thing is going a little off topic (though I think If you are flooding in between foils like you said you did, its hard not to touch the scalp with colour...)
I do feel for you. Very frustrating. You gave the best advice to go blonde gradually.
In my experience, a client who regularly chucks stuff like xxl on their hair isnt really going to take the proffesional advice you gave her anyway.
And unfortunatly there are unscrupulous salons and people who are just after a quick buck, no matter the consequences.
Chin up - you did the correct and proffesional thing (providing no colour touched her scalp, that is. ahem :wink2:)
p.s - I give her a week before she comes back crying as her hair is snapping off because the other salon bleached it to within an inch of its life!
xx

Or that she has a new boyfriend who likes brunettes!

You did the right thing & that's all that matters, if she wants to ruin her hair that's her choice.......& as jazmine said she'll probably be back when the new boyfriend likes brunettes!xxx :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek
Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back