How good are your smile lines??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
I'm just being nosey really.............

I'm newly qualified and my smile lines are my most needed area for improvement. I would say that I am 85% happy with my smiles. The smiley bit is now looking very nice and precise (about 9 times out of 10), I need to work on getting the product thin and even towards the free edge, and work quickly enough to get the product to the end of the tip before it starts curing.

How good are your smiles, and how long did it take for you to be completely happy with them?

i would consider mine salon acceptable but my goal is the ability to do the perfect competition smile. Thus, I have a way to go......

S

How good are your smiles, and how long did it take for you to be completely happy with them?

my smile lines are perfect

NOT

it takes alot of time - dont beat yourself up about it - it will come and you WILL get there

i dont actually think that any techs smilelines are "perfect" most of the time - if the look ok and in uniform, they ok, we do all strive for the perfection, i dont think anyone will actually get there tho

Meh... lol

nup I am hardly ever happy, they are fine but I am not happy lol... I am still struggling to find a brush I like :(

I have dabbled with the reverse application and I am happier with them this way. They are crisper and I don't need to rush before curing. I am still going to carry on practicing the traditional way as well. I'm not sure which way I will use permanantly yet.

ok,,, well, i have been doing this career feild for 20 years, i specialize only in pink and white, i rate myself the same as you... the more years the more practice, the questions, when i ask my clients that are as reply, i love them says, the clients, so that is what really matters,,,,, not what we think,,,, remember that

my smile lines are perfect

NOT

it takes alot of time - dont beat yourself up about it - it will come and you WILL get there

i dont actually think that any techs smilelines are "perfect" most of the time - if the look ok and in uniform, they ok, we do all strive for the perfection, i dont think anyone will actually get there tho

dido, i agree, good is never perfect enough:eek:

Awww hun,
sometimes I may do a "perfect" smile and I'm chuffed to bits lol..
But then another set later and they will all be pants :irked:

When I do a really good crisp smile...I always wonder why that one worked so bloomin well...yet I cant do it everytime,

But as well as being very frustrating...its also fun practicing :lol:

I love doing smile lines. I can get them very smily and find it more difficult to get them looking straight!

One great tip for this is to try using the CND Twilight Powder. This stuff is an absolute dream to work with and do smile lines with. I use it all the time on my own nails. Love it Love it Love it.

xx

I have dabbled with the reverse application and I am happier with them this way. They are crisper and I don't need to rush before curing. I am still going to carry on practicing the traditional way as well. I'm not sure which way I will use permanantly yet.

I dabbled with reverse app for a while, and at one point I thought I would never do a "normal" smile again because, like you, I could get it to look so much more precise using reverse app. I carried on practising the normal way, and now that I've got better at it, I actually prefer it done the normal way. I seem to be able to get the smile just as crisp using the normal method, and I think the look of the overall finished nail is better, although I cant put my finger on why!

The reverse app is great, but for me, it takes a lot longer to do - especially on myself, oddly enough.

Reason is I have very flat nails and I've got to build up my zones quite high before I can do zone 1 in reverse. It can be really difficult to do it this way and get that reverse smile perfect!

I do have to say though, I love it for glitters, especially cause youve got to cap with clear.

My biggest problem is that I can do one side of the smile lovely, and the other side isn't exactly even, not smiling so much, iykwim LOL

Just gotta keep at it!

Latest posts

Back