How I built up my lash clientelle Part 2 of 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread, Thanks for posting, wish you all the best with your flyers and hope you get lots of business from them. xx

WOW! Thank you all for taking the time to read my epic first thread. You've all been so lovely, thank you for all the compliments and for being so nice.

I really thought I'd get slated in some way, (mainly for my prices) that I was expecting some negativity, so I'm feeling on top of the world that you've all been so nice.

I'm also surprised at how many people have taken the time to wade through my thread. And the fact that you enjoyed reading it! Wasn't expecting that. Thought everyone would read a bit at a time and come back to it coz it's so long.

Ok, now time to tackle the questions and for some of my responses to posts...

Glam Nails - It costs about £300 to get training and a kit. I'm sure you could do it for less than this but wouldn't be too sure of the quality of the training if it was really cheap.

cabby - you won't be stuck in a crappy job forever. You’ve already taken the positive steps to retrain yourself, this is a lot more than most. I used to work in an office where everyone hated their job, everyone moaned but no one did anything about it, you have, so well done. It was a little easier for me because I wasn’t in a well paid job, so I had less to lose. You will get there because you want to. Good luck x x x

babycakeseauty – raking it in :-s Unfortunately as quickly as I rake it in, it gets raked out again! Yes, I am one of the ones guilty for the credit crunch. I maxed out on my credit and am now paying the price. God knows why I used to spend so much, and even more importantly, did I never think I’d have to pay it back!?! Crazy. So I’m in about 20 grand debt, spent ages worrying about it, getting scared about it, but it’s all under control now. Got all my interest frozen and am paying it off slowly. Cut up my cards and now if I don’t have it I won’t spend it. I’m much better with my money now and save up for things, just as it was all going well, guess what? Partner got made redundant. Ain’t life a bi*%h! Lol

morado – there’s lots of different lash courses about. This forum is prob the best place to find out which ones are bad or good. There is someone I recommend but I’m not here to promote anyone so pls pm me if you want their details.

Ukfaye – aw, thx 4 the compliment, I’d love to write a book. But like u, where would I find the time??? It’s funny with all our time saving inventions created over the years, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, microwaves... We still don’t seem to have the one thing they’re all supposed to save us, TIME! Lol

Shivyshoeshine – thx. I jus thought by doing a thread people could maybe get some ideas on building their own business. I certainly wasn’t expecting people to enjoy the read, thought it’s be something to wade through, so glad you enjoyed it x

Glitz – unfortunately my wax lady couldn’t come flyering with me today. And the weather was so yuck I only posted 200 flyers door to door. I think a 1% return in marketing terms is supposed to be good. So if I get 2 people back that’s more than I can hope for. Need 2 get my butt out there a bit more.

Once again thank you all for reading. All your positive comments has recharged my batteries and I’m feeling very positive about building my salons client base for our new treatments.

I will definitely do a positive thread to try and uplift us all when I have some of that precious stuff, time.

Oh dear, I do like to rabbit on x x x

Thank you for starting this thread it has to be one of the best ones on here and clearly appreciated by all, you'd have to be mad to give you stick for it hun.
xx

Thanks Redchick for the story. I work in the office at the moment, but my clientele is expanding rapidly I have no space to fit them in... but despite of that I am too scared yet to leave my office job! :irked:

You rock! I hope you are going to write some more?

Sue

I thought it was great! I'm sure it will be just the nudge some may need to get going.

girl j - It was the definate nudge i needed!!!

Yolanda (Redchick) -Thank you so much for this post i have read both and found them inspiring i do beauty and spray tanning and have wanted to do lashes for about a year im worried but determined!!:green: It has made me excited and i am now going to look into renting a room as i was planning to go mobile but i know i will be a nightmare trying to cart my couch around im short and weak haha!!!!:eek:

Thank you so much xxx

Hey everyone, once again thx 4 all the lovely posts. Looking back at my journey, and all your support has really inspired me and given me a kick up the butt too!

I need to start building the nail and waxing clientelle for my new girls, and that little bit of self doubt can't help but creep in. but I must remember, if I've done it before, I can do it again.

bellalashes - WELL DONE! U have achieved more than me when I had an office job. Change is scary. But I think lifes so short. Compared to how old the earth is, we're really not on it for that long. So it's important to lead a happy life and not to regret it when you're older and try to fulfill as many dreams as you can.
I've decided to call office life the 9-5 fear. U hate it, but r too scared 2 leave it because it gives u security. Almost like a bad marriage! But there is life outside of the office, a better one.
It's great u've already got clients. Is there anyway u could go part time with ur job? Or maybe get a different part time office job? Then maybe once ur client base grows sum more u will b ready to leave?
Or could u start taking holiday once a week? Giving u 3 days a week to build up your client base until u feel ready to go?
Soz 4 the pep talk x

laserbabe - Thx! I'd love to write sum more, jus got to find the time x

sweet cheaks - Go for it! Renting a room is so much better. Hav u tried looking on here, gumtree & guild of therapists for a room?

Yolanda x

Absolutely fantastic! I can't wait for part three :hug:

What a cool & positive person u r! Loved reading that xx

just as i was sitting here fed up full of a cold and no motivation. I stumble upon these posts by you and BAM thanks for giving me the inspiration and kick up the rear to do something.

No one said it was going to be easy in business and i am not giving up.

If you can go out flyering in the horrid yuk weather then so can I. (Again, i did this last week got no response and now have stinking cold after getting caught in mega heavy rain and getting a chill).

XXXX

Just like to add, i to was totally inspired - why would anyone slate you for such a positive post. Your advice and story were such a good read I was a bit disappointed when I got to the end.

good luck and best wishes in all that you do - you deserve every success.

Keep posting x

Welldone Yolanda, thanks for that truly inspiring :)))

Shel

Well done! You are an inspiration to all of us :) x

Ar, thank you all.

I'm just glad my old threads have been dug up and a few more people have enjoyed reading them.

I've just re-read them too.

Am starting a new business adventure so feeling a little nervous again.

Will start a new thread in a min so please take a look and critique my new website.

Thx

Yolanda x

Latest posts

Back