How Impressed Am I??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Thought i'd share how impressed i am with EzNails in the US (suppliers of Ezflow). I sent an order through on the website for an L&P starter kit and would you believe it arrived today! Thanks to Cathie for that bit of advice!!

out of interest how much did it cost???

Carole Lindsay said:
Thought i'd share how impressed i am with EzNails in the US (suppliers of Ezflow). I sent an order through on the website for an L&P starter kit and would you believe it arrived today! Thanks to Cathie for that bit of advice!!
Hi Carole was it expensive to order the starter kit n do u have to b trained by them does this make sense

Yeah - come on Carole spill the beans

Bodacious said:
out of interest how much did it cost???
The starter kit was £38 whereas if i bought it in the UK it worked out at £51!!!

sequinto said:
Hi Carole was it expensive to order the starter kit n do u have to b trained by them does this make sense
Hi Jackie: no you dont need to be trained by them and the starter kit cost me £38 from the US supplier. At the mo i'm just so frustrated: just sat down to play the free instructional DVD but my flippin' computer doesnt like the disk - believe me it isnt the first time!!! :mad:

Be very careful with this guys...

A- they could be breaking contractual boundaries
B- It doesnt look like any duty was paid
C- They should only be selling to licensed nail technicians
D- Does that price include flamable shipping (would have to be air frieghted)
E- Your DVD most likely wont work as its a Region 1 and you are in Region 2

The Nail Geek said:
Be very careful with this guys...

A- they could be breaking contractual boundaries
B- It doesnt look like any duty was paid
C- They should only be selling to licensed nail technicians
D- Does that price include flamable shipping (would have to be air frieghted)
E- Your DVD most likely wont work as its a Region 1 and you are in Region 2
Thanx for those sunny words! Dont know about the rest but it was air mail - is that air freighting??? I'll bear it in mind :)

I know this will make me very unpopular but I dont think it is fair to be by-passing our UK distributors.

If this becomes the norm then the UK distributors may not feel it viable to carry on with some product lines and then we will lose the benefit of next day services.

What happened to supporting British businesses. At the end of the day, realistically what would this save per set of nails?

Its a lovely thought Fiona but i cant afford to support British business when the difference on this particular shipment was as much as £13! I'm a business that is just starting out so need to save money where i can. Just a thought but maybe if British businesses weren't so greedy about profits they might get more business.

also like to throw in, you are infact breaking a contractual agreement made between EzFlow and the UK distributors.

EzNails have been told about this before, and i have informed EzFlow USA of what is happening.

I'd also like to add, the profit on the products isnt as much as you seem to think it is. especially when you consider the shipping costs of a large order, import taxes, the wages of the people who unpack and shelve the order as well as make up technicians orders. sales staff to take the orders, postage and package costs etc.....

Antony

I have to say i can see what you're saying Natural Nails, but when you are starting out its a need to shop around. I myself bought a new complete deluxe Kit from EZ Flow as cannot use the Star nails Monomer. I didn't have alot of money and by buying from the USA have saved alot of money.

I've also registered with the EZ Flow distributers in Bolten. Most of the time i will be getting my stuff from the uk, but when you save a sub stantial amount from buying abroad, and yes mine included the shipping costs as well as the fact the charge for hazzardous materials being sent so you still get charged for the privelage, it was still a saving. Only good when buying a large kit.

Everything else i need comes from here so i don't really see a problem. i use alot of other products which i can get locally where i live so it evens itself out really.

just wanted to say that i still had to send them my certificates to prove the training i have had.

What agreement are they breakingwith the UK Antony?? You have me intrigued.??

The company that sold the product will have sold outside of their contractual boundaries and are therefore in breech of contract.
The product was also illegally imported if no duty was paid. This can be considered 'smuggling'. Thats why I am just elling you to be careful.
Another point is that they may not have legally decalred the goods as hazardous, flammable commerical goods. Therefore it would have been cheaper to ship, but people can do prision time for not exporting correctly.

As far as prices go, if UK distributors didnt have to pay the tax levied by the government, it would be cheaper too.

ok, as far as i know, Grafton international and California nails are contractually the sole distributors of EzFlow in the UK (Graftons are the importers and holding company and California Nails are the main distributors as well as two other sub distributors).

The agreement is for the above companys to sell to the uk only as EzNails are officially only supposed to sell to the states - again as far as i know.

I have to say the shipping costs were quite high, which they said were due to the fact that they are hazardous chemicals. And i do understand that we get taxed a hell of alot in this country so our distributors have to get it back somehow.

Well thanks for the advice, definately will be careful when buying my products.

Crikey i was only saying how impressed i was with a company and i feel like i've stirred up a right can of worms. Wish i'd never said anything and certainly wont again! :cry:

Well after reading these threads i'll stick to what i know best CREATIVE

sequinto said:
Well after reading these threads i'll stick to what i know best CREATIVE
Lol, i dont think its got anything to do with the product, love, its about where you buy it from!!

Carole Lindsay said:
Lol, i dont think its got anything to do with the product, love, its about where you buy it from!!
:eek: say no more

Latest posts

Back