How is this hair style done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadHairDay

Reaction score
So I've been looking into hair styles (mens) for myself and I kind of want one that is going to last a while. I kind of find that a lot of the time hairstyles I get either needed fixing back in style with a fair bit of work after a few days or go completely after a few weeks. I want to void high fade & low fade stuff and also short hair as find that as they are very styled so don't last long. I obviously don't expect a hair cut to last forever but would kind of like it to keep its style for a good number of weeks with just a brush through to put it back in shape.

My thoughts are that this hairstyle might achieve this and just wondered what sort of technique is involved. My guess is that it's just a blunt cut not layered but cut a certain distance above the head so each segment ends in a certain place from the next. Was wondering what members thoughts are in this on how it is achieved:

Attachments

• hairstyles-for-men-with-fine-hair-deep-side-part-min.jpg
    hairstyles-for-men-with-fine-hair-deep-side-part-min.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 71
So I've been looking into hair styles (mens) for myself and I kind of want one that is going to last a while. I kind of find that a lot of the time hairstyles I get either needed fixing back in style with a fair bit of work after a few days or go completely after a few weeks. I want to void high fade & low fade stuff and also short hair as find that as they are very styled so don't last long. I obviously don't expect a hair cut to last forever but would kind of like it to keep its style for a good number of weeks with just a brush through to put it back in shape.

My thoughts are that this hairstyle might achieve this and just wondered what sort of technique is involved. My guess is that it's just a blunt cut not layered but cut a certain distance above the head so each segment ends in a certain place from the next. Was wondering what members thoughts are in this on how it is achieved:
That's just a blend on the sides, probably scissor over comb. Or start with a number 3 if you prefer clippers. The top depending on the crown and head shape, I would have thought the back would be shorter and it'd be graduated towards the front. So in theory it is layered because it's elevated above the head to cut it. If it was all brought over to one side and cut blunt it would be more of a combover.
You're right in thinking this kind of hairstyle will last more than 2-3 weeks before it needs to be cut again. But ultimately your hair, head shape and growth patterns is what will dictate how manageable a hairstyle will be. In an ideal world we'd all like hair that we could just brush when we feel like it and it'll still look good, but unfortunately there are very few people who are lucky enough to have that pleasure.

That's just a blend on the sides, probably scissor over comb. Or start with a number 3 if you prefer clippers. The top depending on the crown and head shape, I would have thought the back would be shorter and it'd be graduated towards the front. So in theory it is layered because it's elevated above the head to cut it. If it was all brought over to one side and cut blunt it would be more of a combover.
You're right in thinking this kind of hairstyle will last more than 2-3 weeks before it needs to be cut again. But ultimately your hair, head shape and growth patterns is what will dictate how manageable a hairstyle will be. In an ideal world we'd all like hair that we could just brush when we feel like it and it'll still look good, but unfortunately there are very few people who are lucky enough to have that pleasure.

Thanks ronray I think you're right, there probably is some layering in there but wasn't too sure. Good to have a better idea of how it is done so many thanks I much appreciate the input 😊. I find it such a pain having to keep going down the hairdressers and even before virus times I never really went frequently enough before my hair descended into an unkempt mop lol. So with a bit of luck I'll give this style a try and hopefully it will last a bit.

It’s definitely layered.
it’s a classic short round layer or classic gents cut with the front triangle fringe section over directed to give extra length around the front.
When you say you want something that will get a few more weeks out of and less styling short hair (by short I mean classic gents) is probably the least likely to do that as you will always get bits that grow over your ears and neck.
longer styles like these are better as they are bit more bed head /less tailored but it really does depend on your hair.

57893CDE-896C-4120-AC57-23693430D990.jpeg45F009BC-C492-4623-9524-A63C09F0AC6F.jpeg8FBE912B-872F-4F91-8022-3CE1B8ABDC51.jpeg

If you’d prefer to stay shorter maybe undercut would be the way to go…?
but really it is totally dependent on your hair - the texture and thickness etc,
Go to a few salons and ask for a consultation - some may need an appointment so call first. There’s no obligation to book a haircut and are free. But a good hairdresser will give you all the help you need and work with you and come up with a plan!

It’s definitely layered.
it’s a classic short round layer or classic gents cut with the front triangle fringe section over directed to give extra length around the front.
When you say you want something that will get a few more weeks out of and less styling short hair (by short I mean classic gents) is probably the least likely to do that as you will always get bits that grow over your ears and neck.
longer styles like these are better as they are bit more bed head /less tailored but it really does depend on your hair. View attachment 212562View attachment 212563
If you’d prefer to stay shorter maybe undercut would be the way to go…?
but really it is totally dependent on your hair - the texture and thickness etc,
Go to a few salons and ask for a consultation - some may need an appointment so call first. There’s no obligation to book a haircut and are free. But a good hairdresser will give you all the help you need and work with you and come up with a plan!

Thanks for the input GC I appreciate it, sorry it's been a bit of a delay replying but some stuff came up. Yeah I like the hair in the second pic down, guessing the first pic is the same just a bit messed and that Iooks ok as well. Guessing layered again. Think my hair would suit layering as at the moment while I have quite a lot of hair with no signs of hair loss it kind of lays a bit flat so would really like some volume to it as guess it's kind of fine hair. At the front I can pull the hair down to my eyes so quite long, at the back I keep it fairly short so it would take time to grow out longer though guess with the first two pics you show the hairstyle could start off shorter and grow longer perhaps.

Latest posts

Back