How long before waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
im hopeing to get some advice, i had a tummy tuck back in august but due to a lot of complications i have only had the dressing off about 4 weeks, the scar and area is very red and raised and dryed out (putting bio oil on it) the scar runs from hip bone to hip bone, can anyone please tell my how long before i can have a bakini wax???? i dot want to go and do it if its going to damage the skin any further while its trying to recover

No one would be wanting to wax over the scar area for quite a long time yet. A contraindication is recent scar tissue so i reckon thats anything before 6 months depending on depth of scarring and obviously a tummy tuck is a biggy so probably longer than that.
Providing nothing is open and there is no risk of infection and you are not too sore. Waxing away from the scar would probably be ok as long as the therapist was aware you may not be able to mobilise yourself very well id still give yourself another month though.

Wait until it's totally healed and leave well alone. xxx

im hopeing to get some advice, i had a tummy tuck back in august but due to a lot of complications i have only had the dressing off about 4 weeks, the scar and area is very red and raised and dryed out (putting bio oil on it) the scar runs from hip bone to hip bone, can anyone please tell my how long before i can have a bakini wax???? i dot want to go and do it if its going to damage the skin any further while its trying to recover

Hi Hun

I had a tummy tuck about 3 years ago now and have exactly the same scarring, hip to hip and quite low, I went for a bikini wax 3 months after my op, but did wait to have my checkup with my surgeon first, she said that as long as we didn't wax over the area and not too close I would be fine, to be honest I just ended up having a tidy up for the first visit and nothing off the top.

Hope you are loving your new tum, I still admire my lovely flat tum every morning in the mirror!

Sam x

thanks for the advice, i will leave it a while longer then as i did have some nucrosis so the scar is still very raised and red, thanks again:)

Just a basic bikini wax should be perfectly fine.... I've had clients come 6 weeks after their tummy tucks. I didn't need to go near their incisions.

Given you had complications it may be a good idea just to check with your physician - you'd then know for sure when it's okay, and a novice therapist won't turn you away because they're not sure if it can be done.

Hi, I would think that having your bikini waxed should be fine. The only thing is you may find it uncomfortable being laid out so flat. Also when the skin is being pulled taught on your thigh, you may feel slight pulling of the scar tissue as the areas are so close together.

If you are able to wait, just give it a few more weeks.

good luck with your healing

at least 6 months, I'd probably get the razor out to be safe before you have waxing done/ you don't want to pull on the skin xx

Latest posts

Back