How long before you got good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
Hi I've just trained in spray tan and have been offering them for £10 to friends just to try make some money to buy more solution. I've only done 6 tans and two have said their arms were a wee big White and the bottoms of their legs so I'm obviously needing a lot more practice, I'm now not sure if I should have been charging to begin with it's knocked my confidence a bit as I thought I was doing well ( as u do lol!) so I wax just wondering how long it's taken everyone else to feel good at their tans and actually getting a good result . Thanks

awww hun don't be down, we all feel like this at one time or another. Of course you should be charging, it's your time and soultion, and they are getting a deal. My family and friends all knew i was training and understand you can't just we perfect straight away.

Keep going, and make sure if you have any doubts maybe contact your trainer for tips. When i get to the bottom of the arms and legs i go all the way down, and blend to the hands and feet, if you just stop you can get a line from when you stop suddenly.

Hth :hug:

As Hannah said above. :)

I did really well in the beginning of learning with about 6 to 8 great test tans and then had an awful tan which shook me badly and it went downhill from there. So I called up my supplier and my lovely local rep came to me and went through the procedure again and then I took off again. Some people get it right away and others, like me, take a bit longer. And now I am flying with it. Time, practise and a bit more experience and you will soon be there. The company I am with reckon on 10 test spray tans and then you are ready. I think it was nearer 12 or 14 with me. :hug:

Just keep at it! Honestly - dont get down or beat yourself up. All practice is worth it. Still charge them towards solution- just be upfront about it. I used to do all friends and family at first and explain that I needed loads of feedback and in return they would get a tan for a tenner.

Thanks for your replies ladies, I feel a bit better now, I actually just sprayed my husband (after some persuasion) and he looks good, although quite hairy lol so was quite difficult on the legs to see correctly. Will see how it is in the morning, then he sprayed me as I want him to learn too so i can be nice and brown for occassions lol, he used about 70l on me!!!! He was getting a bit spray happy, so will have to see how I am in the morning lol!

Latest posts

Back