How long between lash lifts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CS13

Reaction score
Hiya,

I’ve only just started lash lifting and tinting. My first client had hers done on the 17/12, came out perfectly and she’s so happy...but wants them done again next week!? This will only be 4 weeks between lash lifts, is that possible to do? I would have advised 6 weeks..... but can’t find anything in my training!

I like an 8 or 10 week gap to ensure the lashes remain healthy and not get frazzled by too frequent treatments. Most of my clients are over 55 so are keen to ensure the health of their lashes. We do them about every other eyelash tint as it's quite a good interval for them.

However, I will agree to do a 6 week lift if the client has exceptionally strong, healthy lashes. That would not become the norm though ,it would be a one off for them.

You are in charge, but I am sure there will be some mention in the training guide. If not contact your lash lift supplier or trainer and I am sure they will be happy to help.

I had a few booked this month, but it's not meant to be at present.

My question is this. Why does she need them doing so soon after the last lift? Has she not been looking after them properly? Just wondered.
RosieR

When I was taught I was told at least 6, I have done my mum before twice within 3 weeks because the product was off

Well I was worried about them going frizzy!! That was my main concern!
I’m not sure really why she wants them done again! she said they look really good still! So don’t know, I think it’s possibly more of a tint she needs as she has fair lashes!
We could possibly still be in lockdown anyway, so won’t be able to do them 😂 but nice to know others opinions!

I did think 6! Thanks both ☺️ Very helpful, looking through my course stuff there’s no mention of it!! Weirdly! Possibly something they mentioned on zoom instead! It just mentions not to dothe treatment if client has had lash treatments in the last 4 weeks....

Thanks again!

Lashes have a growth cycle of 12 weeks. So after 4 weeks approx 1/3 of her longest lashes will have shed and they’ll be few stumpy short lashes that will be coming through, softening the original effect.

if you lift every 6 weeks this will be a maximum of twice in the life of a lash at the tip, most will only be done once, I have lots of elderly clients who’ve had their lashes done regularly for years every 6 weeks with no ill effects. If you lift every month this will be 3 times in the life of the lash - but only for 1/12 of the lashes, the rest will get done twice.

For this reason I do lift every 4 weeks on request, particularly if someone is very thrilled with their results, but after a 4 week redo I say “this should last at least 6 weeks”. Usually they had just assumed they’d need to come more frequently. I havet had any issues with the occasional 4 week redo.

I’ve done my own two weeks apart for (re)training purposes. I have quite fine lashes and they’re not very long. In training we were told to do my lashes for the shortest time, so they’re not considered to be very strong. My lashes were fine and looked amazing 🤩

Lashes have a growth cycle of 12 weeks. So after 4 weeks approx 1/3 of her longest lashes will have shed and they’ll be few stumpy short lashes that will be coming through, softening the original effect.

if you lift every 6 weeks this will be a maximum of twice in the life of a lash at the tip, most will only be done once, I have lots of elderly clients who’ve had their lashes done regularly for years every 6 weeks with no ill effects. If you lift every month this will be 3 times in the life of the lash - but only for 1/12 of the lashes, the rest will get done twice.

For this reason I do lift every 4 weeks on request, particularly if someone is very thrilled with their results, but after a 4 week redo I say “this should last at least 6 weeks”. Usually they had just assumed they’d need to come more frequently. I havet had any issues with the occasional 4 week redo.

I’ve done my own two weeks apart for (re)training purposes. I have quite fine lashes and they’re not very long. In training we were told to do my lashes for the shortest time, so they’re not considered to be very strong. My lashes were fine and looked amazing 🤩

this has really helped!! Thank you very much!! I just wasn’t sure if I would completely frazzlethe lashes if I did attempt them 4 weeks later! Definitely don’t want to be doing that 😩 the lashes in question are really long and thick, and they looked amaze!! Think she was just pleased with them!

thank you!!!!!

Latest posts

Back