How long between.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perls Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Skin Geeks........

I'm a nail geek, but I have a question I'm hoping you can answer about waxing?????:hug:

I had my legs, bikini line and armpits waxed 2 days ago and I have not really been happy with the outcome - lots of hairs still remaining and generally a poor job IMO - sooooo.... I called the lady up yesterday and explained and she was very nice about it all, and said that she would re-wax me but couldn't do it for another few days as you shouldn't wax them same area again for at least 5 days????????? Just a bit irked really as I wanted it all done for my weekend away, and now it won't be done till next week! :irked:

Is this right??? What is the standard length of time you would all leave between waxes?? I'm wondering whether to just go to another therapist and mark this one up to experience?

Thanks in advance
L x

Hi Skin Geeks........

I'm a nail geek, but I have a question I'm hoping you can answer about waxing?????:hug:

I had my legs, bikini line and armpits waxed 2 days ago and I have not really been happy with the outcome - lots of hairs still remaining and generally a poor job IMO - sooooo.... I called the lady up yesterday and explained and she was very nice about it all, and said that she would re-wax me but couldn't do it for another few days as you shouldn't wax them same area again for at least 5 days????????? Just a bit irked really as I wanted it all done for my weekend away, and now it won't be done till next week! :irked:

Is this right??? What is the standard length of time you would all leave between waxes?? I'm wondering whether to just go to another therapist and mark this one up to experience?

Thanks in advance
L x

It will depend on the length of the hair that is to be waxed, if the hair has been broken off it may be too short? x

It will depend on the length of the hair that is to be waxed, if the hair has been broken off it may be too short? x

She said that the skin would be too sensitive? Is there a set guideline when you do your training?

She said that the skin would be too sensitive? Is there a set guideline when you do your training?

I would wait 24hrs anyway, how is your skin?x

You only need to wait about 24 hours. But the hairs left could be down to being too short, I dnt know as I haven't seen? Often hairs grow at different rates it can take a good few sessions for hairs to be growing at same rate and too catch them before they fall out naturally, so if this was your first time with this therapist I wouldn't say dnt go back try her again, but 5 days is quite long.
I would wait 24hrs anyway, how is your skin?x
Posted via Mobile Device

you can easily go over an area again without any problems, generally the hair should be 3 or 4 weeks long to get it at the optimum hair growth but we have even managed to remove hair that is only one week growth so there should not be any problems.

If your therapist is happy to take you in for waxing there should not be much hair left after unless it was too short and then she should have told you beforehand and / or gone over the area again?

Thanks for all you replies - I went about 6 weeks growth before I was waxed and the hairs really were quite long.

My skin is fine, and I rarely have had any sensitivity issues so I'm sure I would be fine to get it done tomorrow - I might just call her again and see if I can convince her to do it before I go.

Cheers again you supergeeks x

Latest posts

Back