How long can somebody wear gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
I get asked this question a fair bit and dont really know the answer. Sorry to sound so stupid (its one of those questions I should have asked when training but you dont think about it at the time!) Is there a certain amount of time they can be on for or should you remove them fully once in a while.

Thanks
Emma

You can wear them forever, just rebalance regularly (I do every 3-4 weeks).
It's just like coloring your hair.....once you start, you don't have to give your hair a break from coloring.
Nails grow, so you are applying the product on the new nail only.

I have had my nails done for about 10 years and they are fine :)

PS. Removing the product is more damaging (think: removing color from hair) then professionally done rebalances :)

I have been wearingmine for the last 15 years non stop.
Wouldn't be seen dead without my nails.
The infills are done on new nail growth, like Anna said, just like your hair.
Nail enhancements do not suffocate the nailplate, it does not breath, as long as it is treated with professional care and tenderness it will be just fine......

I applied my own tips (and did not a bad job though I say so myself) but I find when doing other peoples nails, they go a bit wonky with scrub fresh and product!! What am I doing wrong? How do all you Nail Techs keep fab looking nails while doing clients? I can't - they do not advertise my work well after a couple of clients have been and gone. Like melted candle - ha ha. (well not quite but you know what I mean). xx:D

Hi Sherry, sorry took so long to get back to you. I see you've done a course with Creative instead, so don't feel so bad. NSI do sell a great product called Tech-Tape though. I use it to protect my nails when working. I'm sure Creative have same or similar.

Hi

I had this same problem .... until (wait for it) Finger Condoms ! lol

I tried the little rubber finger protectors from NSI which were fine (but a little on the large side).

Popped into the chemist the other day and spotted some 'Latex finger cots' ... absolutely amazing (they are like little condoms - made out of latex that you roll onto your finger). You can feel everything through them - so comfortable and no damage to your own nails whilst servicing a client!

I'll be going back to the chemist to stock up - at only 1.25 for a pot of 12 (small med and large) - they are a real bargain, sold at most chemists !

Vicky

Latest posts

Back