How long can you keep acrylic nails on for

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewisdean123

Reaction score
Hi

I am new on here so please bare with me. :o:o:o I am recently qualified in manicure and I am due to due my acrylic assesment this wednesday.

A friend of mine has asked me to do her nails on monday.

She has had her acrylic on for about 2 years. Do you think she should give her nails a break?

basically How long can you have your acrylics on for?

Would really appreciate your advice.

Salon geeks has been a great help to me so glad I found it. :hug:

Hi I've worn acrylics constantly for about 15 years only having a break when I was on training days & my nails are perfect, if you use cuticle oil every day there should be no reason to go without acrylic hth x

Thank you for your reply, thats a great help. I know she hasnt been using her solar oil.

If you're a good nail professional, use good quality product, do not damage your clients' nails and your clients follow proper aftercare, there should rarely be a "need" to remove their nails.

When my clients ask me this, I like to tell them it's like wearing a hat for a long time. Your hair will grow underneath nice and healthy as usual :) same for nails. As long as you keep them moisturised with a good quality cuticle oil, there is no reason why you couldn't keep acrylics on forever!! Of course, the nails underneath will only be 'normal' if they aren't beind damaged at infills ;) xx

Thanks for replies, really helpful. I think i confused myself by reading other websites.

Ditto Tammi !! Have you had your brows done Tammi?

Ditto Tammi !! Have you had your brows done Tammi?

I'm trying to fit in with the UK culture of scouse brows and lash extensions. :wink2:

I'm trying to fit in with the UK culture of scouse brows and lash extensions. :wink2:

My partner is scouse... He says you look lovely.

LOL ... you'll disappear in the crowd hunni! :hug: I think you are being led astray and I need to take you under my wing!

Don't tell me...my UK "friends" are making a mockery of me. AGAIN. They said I looked lovely. I guess they were lying about the glitzy lips, too, then?

Scouse1.JPG

Don't tell me...my UK "friends" are making a mockery of me. AGAIN. They said I looked lovely. I guess they were lying about the glitzy lips, too, then?

View attachment 11507

Glitzy definitely has it's place, but you don't really wear it to Publix .. !

Glitzy definitely has it's place, but you don't really wear it to Publix .. !

They said I was trendy. Bunch of lying cows!

Well, I just un-booked the spray tan my UK "friends" insisted I needed to complete the look.

I HATE THEM ALL.

BTW, does anyone know how to get magic marker off one's eyebrows?

Well, I just un-booked the spray tan my UK "friends" insisted I needed to complete the look.

I HATE THEM ALL.

BTW, does anyone know how to get magic marker off one's eyebrows?

Oops!! :irked:

Seriously ladies...this thread is about removing acrylic at least TRY to stay on topic ;)
I think the magic marker has seeped through to your brain Tammie...and as for you Geeg, shouldn't you know better!! :smack:

Seriously ladies...this thread is about removing acrylic at least TRY to stay on topic ;)
I think the magic marker has seeped through to your brain Tammie...and as for you Geeg, shouldn't you know better!! :smack:

I do .. but the topic has been answered and exhausted and the thread needed livening up! Tammi always livens things up.

(hangs head in shame) Sorry, Izzi.

Latest posts

Back