How long did it take to build a good client base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long did it take you to build up a good client base in nails.

• 1-12 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 years

• 5+ years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jades Nails

Reaction score
Wondering how long it took to find and keep enough clients to have s successful business / income.

I know it's an old post but to give a proper answer we should get some clarifications first:
- What is your definition of successful business / income? Some people might be happy with 10k before tax per year, some need 20k.
- How long have you been in the business and how professional are you?
- How do you differentiate from your competitors?
- Does the area you work in have enough clients that need the service you offer?
- Are you planning and working on growing your business (to get more clients in particular or sell them more services)??

The above poll doesn't really answer your question for the same reason. A pro may need 1-2 years if the location and self-marketing are great, but that may be just impossible for a beginner or in case there's no clarity over market and competition.

I know it's an old post but to give a proper answer we should get some clarifications first:
- What is your definition of successful business / income? Some people might be happy with 10k before tax per year, some need 20k.
- How long have you been in the business and how professional are you?
- How do you differentiate from your competitors?
- Does the area you work in have enough clients that need the service you offer?
- Are you planning and working on growing your business (to get more clients in particular or sell them more services)??

The above poll doesn't really answer your question for the same reason. A pro may need 1-2 years if the location and self-marketing are great, but that may be just impossible for a beginner or in case there's no clarity over market and competition.

Just as a heads up, if you click on the users name you can see the last time they visited the site. Jade hasnt been seen since Jul 2019 so unlikely to see your reply, I didn't want you to feel ignored.

You raise some very valid points

If you are only getting 1 out of 3 or 4 to be repeat customers, I think you need to figure out why more are not returning. Perhaps you can send them a survey after their visit ( here good template) Repeat customers are a lot less expensive for you then trying to get new customers. Maybe there is something you can do to improve the experience when they are there.

Last edited:
Just as a heads up, if you click on the users name you can see the last time they visited the site. Jade hasnt been seen since Jul 2019 so unlikely to see your reply, I didn't want you to feel ignored.

You raise some very valid points

To be honest I didn't expect Jade to see my answer, the main motivation was to give some piece of advice to all those who may stumble across this post in the future. And also I had to scratch the itch I got immediately after seeing the question :)

To be honest I didn't expect Jade to see my answer, the main motivation was to give some piece of advice to all those who may stumble across this post in the future. And also I had to scratch the itch I got immediately after seeing the question :)

You provided some great points, start a new thread with great points like those to consider 👍

Latest posts

Back