How long did it take you to perfect your smile line?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopyamylou

Reaction score
Did my course the other day and iv been practicing my smile lines all day iv watched a few videos but I am just rubbish at them they go all bumpy or look nothing like what meant to.I know I'm not going to pick it up immediately...just wondering if you have some tips I've watched fingernail fixers videos which were a good help but still they look like poo :( advice would be appreciated please xxx

You are not alone!!

There have been loads of posts on here about french smiles and often by experienced lovely ladies who despair about ever perfecting this particular skill!!!

You are doing the right thing by watching and practising.

And practising.

And practising a bit more until it doesn't scare the life out of you lol.

Jacqui xx

Why dont u try a skill building course in smile lines? Im still practising the art of smiles! Why dont u try using a white tip & using it as a guide to help u on your way x

Its not really what you want to hear but it does take quite a while for some. It is a very tricky thing to do-even very experienced techs can have an off day and not do perfect smile lines, As said, practice, practice and more practice. Then when you have done that practice some more :)
You will get there, I promise
x

I know there are many ways to do them but I find it so much easier going instead of sideways, from free edge inward all the way along if that makes sense, gives a much more controlled smoother line and not bumpy. HTH x

Hiya .. Are you talking acrylics here ??If so, I find doing the reverse method really gives you a clear cut smile line which you can also file it in to shape if need be ( but make sure you remove any access dust afterwards) . . when applying the tip area i find it literally just slots into place :)

I always found it easier to go from side to side, as opposed to center to side and then center to side.

practice is the only thing that will help you get it right. also, the thicker the gel, the harder it is to get it smooth. hence the bumps. and yes, watching youtube videos is a great way to learn things.

Thanks everyone and yeah it is acrylic I suppose I'm just impatient it does take me a while to pick things up ...I'm practicing on my family today. I have pre warned them lol ..xxx

The best advice I can give you is to get some arabella forms to practice on. Then you don't have to waste all your tips or get into a tizzy when practicing on someone!! There are some tutorials on how to effectively use them on sam biddle's website so just do a google search on her name or arabella forms and you'll find them x

Latest posts

Back