How long did it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
How long did it take you to get your Shellac 'down to a fine art' ?

I've been doing Shellac since the end of January and I would not say that I have got it down to a fine art yet!

Putting it on takes around 30 mins but if its a removal and new it's nearer an hour, can't seem to do it any quicker so there we are

I absolutely can't rush it - I'm really careful about sealing and about polish thickness (or thinness lol) - but it's lasting very well so that's the main thing!

Well I'm not trying to sound smug, but as a 27 year veteran in the nail business, I just used Shellac from day one in the same way I have always polished and never had a single problem with product performance.

As is normal, I have had a few problem clients who have interfered with their nails or abused them but that is par for the course with any nail service.

I get the odd fuzzie now and again, or the odd unexplained 'tiny bump' which can annoy but it's no different with polishing .. One gets fuzzies and little inconsistencies in polish too. Too me it's all just the norm and the usual 'day at the office'.

Well I'm not trying to sound smug, but as a 27 year veteran in the nail business, I just used Shellac from day one in the same way I have always polished and never had a single problem with product performance.

As is normal, I have had a few problem clients who have interfered with their nails or abused them but that is par for the course with any nail service.

I get the odd fuzzie now and again, or the odd unexplained 'tiny bump' which can annoy but it's no different with polishing .. One gets fuzzies and little inconsistencies in polish too. Too me it's all just the norm and the usual 'day at the office'.

A quick question on this if that's ok? (Sorry OP for jumping in on your thread) Last night I did my friends nails. She has Shellac every 2 weeks. I should have postponed doing them because I was so shattered my eyes wouldn't focus and when I had finished and was putting solar oil on her, I noticed 2 tiny little bumps in her pinky nail. It has really annoyed me because I like things perfect but she said it was fine and she really wasn't bothered at all. Just glad it was my friend!

However, for future reference and for a real client as such, what would I do here, as obviously it was at the end before I noticed. Would I have to remove completely and re-apply, or could I gently buff out the bumps and just re top coat without it affecting the colour? I did Blackpool with purple purple to make an electric blue, so would buffing be harder with a layered colour?

Planky I would just buff them smooth and then apply top coat again. However, they wont feel like bumps but you will still be able to see them a little but it's not so bad. Or you could completely remove and redo.

A quick question on this if that's ok? (Sorry OP for jumping in on your thread) Last night I did my friends nails. She has Shellac every 2 weeks. I should have postponed doing them because I was so shattered my eyes wouldn't focus and when I had finished and was putting solar oil on her, I noticed 2 tiny little bumps in her pinky nail. It has really annoyed me because I like things perfect but she said it was fine and she really wasn't bothered at all. Just glad it was my friend!

However, for future reference and for a real client as such, what would I do here, as obviously it was at the end before I noticed. Would I have to remove completely and re-apply, or could I gently buff out the bumps and just re top coat without it affecting the colour? I did Blackpool with purple purple to make an electric blue, so would buffing be harder with a layered colour?

You should really buff as soon as you see a bump (which would normally be on the first layer of colour). Just remove the IL first with D.Sperse and buff with the 1200 side of a Koala buffer ... This just removes the bump but normally not the colour .... Quick wipe over again, let dry and carry on.

Back to topic. :D

Thank you Lolly and Geeg.

Back on topic, I'm a slow worker, like Blossom, would rather I do a very good and careful job than rush and it be rubbish or with faults (as my post above!) so I'm around the 45 minutes mark or an hour for a re-Shellac or someone with a lot of cuticle work but I think I'm pretty good at it in general, just need to remember to not do it when I'm virtually asleep! :wink2:

I've not been in the business as long as Geeg but have been "Shellacing" since the very beginning and have to say my experiences are exactly the same as hers. Went straight in and never had a problem or any worries about the product, just the clients!!

It takes me 30mins to Shellac and slightly longer to remove and reapply. I've found for really problem clients 2 tops coats works an absolute treat.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back