How Long Did It Take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartypantz

Reaction score
There are quite a few newbies, (myself included) and this has got me thinking:!: How long did it take you, oh great and learned geeks, to learn to do a really good set of enhancements and consistently produce good results, or were you one of the lucky ones that it came naturally to you?
I know I will be really interested to read the replies to this, and hopefully it will give us newbies a little confidence boost. However if you all say a month or less I think I will stand in a corner and cry :lol:

this would interest me too!!! I keep thinking i've been doing it ages and i'm not getting anywhere.... then i remember its only been a few months and i should be more patient :irked:

Great thread though!! Will be keeping an eye on the responses :)

Hi

Its taken me the best part of 2 years to be able to produce a really nice set. That was with taking a break for about 9 months because I felt I was getting nowhere!

Did a conversion with CND which helped me loads! All I will say to you is - attend as many educational days as you can afford, if you can run to 1-2-1's then go for it - it will definitely help and inspire you!

Good luck and don't give up!

PS Even now i have off days!:hug:

Hello I started my cource september 2007 and qualified summer 2008 it has probably only been the past say six to eight months for me to be happy am there is always room for improvement. Obviously I am new to this too and I can remember the most frustrating thing was I would do a set and be so happy because I knew they were realy nice then I would do some sets and be like why arent they like that realy good set I did the other day. Hope this helps. I had a brilliant tutor bye the way-creative master(dellaznails)t had the education I had an will continue to have I would have given up long ago xxxxxx

Took my course in February 09. Took about 2 months off because I was getting nowhere.

Over the past 2 months they are really starting to come together but still loads of room for improvement. I feel each set gets better and better.

Just practice A LOT and stay dedicated, id say the first year for most of us was rough...:lol:

Hello I started my cource september 2007 and qualified summer 2008 it has probably only been the past say six to eight months for me to be happy am there is always room for improvement. Obviously I am new to this too and I can remember the most frustrating thing was I would do a set and be so happy because I knew they were realy nice then I would do some sets and be like why arent they like that realy good set I did the other day. Hope this helps. I had a brilliant tutor bye the way-creative master(dellaznails)t had the education I had an will continue to have I would have given up long ago xxxxxx

So true honey!! One day Ill do a set thats amazing and next day I feel Ive taken 2 steps back:irked:

I did my foundation course in August 2007. The only person who would tolerate my practising on her was my mum, so progress was extremely slow. I had to rely on my trainer hand for the rest and eventually I got a bit frustrated with the same old nail shapes and the fact that a plastic hand doesn't need a rebalance! I did some additional training and the thing that helped me the most was some 121 sessions. I intend to have some more next year.

I now get more people to practise on and, although I'm still not doing nails as a 'Business,' it gives me such a buzz when I get people noticing what I do on myself and asking which salon I went to? It must mean that they are of a reasonable standard, which I now believe they 'Must' be. :green: There is still a lot of scope for improvement, though.

I still practise as much as I can, still get frustrated with myself when I look at some of the work of others on here, but it is all gradually coming together at last. I need to cut down my timing, as that's still a bit haphazard and is probably my biggest stumbling block still to overcome.

The all important factors are not to give up, get as much practise as you
can and to attend training sessions whenever you can. :)

I should also add that I would have sunk without trace if it weren't for this site! :lol: :hug:

It's not so much HOW LONG as HOW MANY .. people that is ... that you can get through your hands.

Realistically I would say that most are looking at a year or so to feel that they are doing a good competent job and enough experience to deal effectively with most normal situations having to do with nail enhancements.

When i think back it happened in stages.....(not necessarily in this order)

I started to find my nails where lasting very well......stage 1

I was pleased with the overall look of my nails...stage 2

I was getting quicker....stage 3

I was finding I could do a set in almost auto drive...and not having to think too much about what bit i should be doing next....stage 4

I had realized that i didn't need to do as much as i though i did at re-balance's....stage 5

then it was putting all these stages together...

HTH x

Latest posts

Back