How long do you allow for tan party?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
How much time do you allow for tanning a party of 6? Including set up and pack away? Anything you do to save time?

Thanks

Xxx

Whilst in setting up I get them all to fill out their consultation forms. It takes me about. 5-7 minutes max to spray someone so I can do a party of 6 in about an hour and 10 but they are not always ready so give a few mins in between and dont rush.

Say book out 2 hours max.

Last weekend I did shellac and tan party from 7 - 12pm and that consisted of 7 shellacs, 2 rockstars and and 7 tans and took me 5 hours to do as they were all chatting etc so allow time for that x

I would say to allow yourself around 2 hours. It may not take that long but I find that with tanning parties they tend to faf about alot and you tend to have to wait about a bit between tans. To save time get them all to complete their consultation cards as you set up and advise them at this stage to remove any make up and jewellery. Decide what % everyone is going and to save chopping and changing solutions, do all those wanting the same % one after the other. X

Whilst in setting up I get them all to fill out their consultation forms. It takes me about. 5-7 minutes max to spray someone so I can do a party of 6 in about an hour and 10 but they are not always ready so give a few mins in between and dont rush.

Say book out 2 hours max.

Last weekend I did shellac and tan party from 7 - 12pm and that consisted of 7 shellacs, 2 rockstars and and 7 tans and took me 5 hours to do as they were all chatting etc so allow time for that x

Do you mind me asking how many tans per week you do compared to nails. i do tans only but thinking about nails & wondering if its worth it x

At the moment I do way more nails than tans as the weather is rubbish. I prob do about 5-6 tans a week at the moment.

I am fully booked most days with nails especially in the evenings,most nights I don't finish till 10/11.

Although tans aren't popular at the mo toenails are. Have done lots of over the last few weeks as people are going away etc x

If you were going to train in nails I would definitely recommend offering shellac and rockstar nails as most of my business is shellac, I rarely do enhancements anymore which is fab as I love shellac x x

At the moment I do way more nails than tans as the weather is rubbish. I prob do about 5-6 tans a week at the moment.

I am fully booked most days with nails especially in the evenings,most nights I don't finish till 10/11.

Although tans aren't popular at the mo toenails are. Have done lots of over the last few weeks as people are going away etc x

If you were going to train in nails I would definitely recommend offering shellac and rockstar nails as most of my business is shellac, I rarely do enhancements anymore which is fab as I love shellac x x

Thanks for this advice, i was considering shellac cos i love them too. I did my spray tan training in a local beauty academy but now, with a bit of experience & wisdom under my belt i do not trust them to train me in nails. Not sure if i've just had a dodgy experience but not sure where to train now. Any training advice?

I've just done shellac and I'm still at the practicing stage but have been researching doing a gel enhancement course later but your saying u don't get as many clients for that? I'm a mob hairdresser and have done shellac and tan course to "bolt" on the tans are slowly picking up and I will start pushing the shellac soon I though extensions would br popular? Does anyone else find this?
Thanks geeks x:confused! X

Latest posts

Back