How long do you take doing a set of GelColor/Shellac/Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
GelColor is new for me, so from the moment the client walked in to the moment she left - consultation card, choosing colour, treatment & paying - took all together 1 hour. I thought this was too long. I have read that OPI GelColor is supposed to be an express service!

So anyway, I went away last weekend and booked into a salon for Shellac (So I know the difference) and i filled in no consuation card and it took about 45 mins.

So is this a normal time range or are we just SLOW:smack: ??

How long does it take you?

I use Shellac and the time can vary, I think it all depends on how much filing, cuticle work needs doing, also clients will sometimes turn up with nail polish on which will need removing.

If it's a new client it's going to take longer, filling in the client record card, talking them through the treatment etc, so if it's straight forward 45 mins but other things come into play so I always book out an hour.

I'm slow, too. It takes me about an hour and longer if they have an extra coat, like Mother of Pearl.

I book out an hour for a Gelish appointment if it's a new client. 1hr 15 if existing & having removal & new application. Nail art & Rockstar I add on about 10 mins!
I'd rather spend that little bit longer & be entirely happy with my service than feel I have to rush :)

If you want to see which of the steps you are doing is too long, you can time each seperately. This is what I did when I trained in Gelish.

My Gelish application is 14 minutes. But that doesn't include, prep, nail art, ect.

It's not about rushing, like Jojo said. You want to be efficient, yes, but you also want to deliver a good service that you AND your client will be happy about.

I book an hour for regular clients that need removal and New application. New clients with clean nails 30 minutes. I use Gelish.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

I book an hour for Gelish just in case they want more than a straight colour change.

Thanks for all you replies, I feel a bit better now! I dont want to rush, I would much rather take my time and know I am doing the best I can.

I'm still at an hour & half with a new client, that includes consultation, record cards etc before the actual gelish an hour 15 for a returning client. But I work from home and know that I stop and yap too much, so I know where I can reduce my time, if I get my head down and yap as I work, I can do it in an hour. (longer for nails art) xx

Was this to long today ? It took me just short of 3 hours to do client record, pick colour (she chopped and changed mind) remove old and do new on both hand and feet also she has very thick,curved nails to takes ages to cut and shape.

I always book my shellac appointments 1 hour apart. typically if its just shellac one color its just about 30 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on how much pep they're nails need.
If I am doing a removal first it take 45 minutes to the entire hour. If its nss removal (omg) that can take up to the entire hour for sure.
I for now only offer shellac and gelish. I love the idea od the led curing products for art... but honestly it takes me the time for the opposite hand to cure to polish the other hand....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

If a client books in for a "mini manicure" and either Shellac or OPI Gelcolor...45 minutes minimum. I'd prefer an hour though. I'm a precise polisher, not a fast one.

When it comes to OPI Gelcolor, we didn't purchase the OPI lamp so we have to cure the base coat for a minute on each hand and cure the top coat 3 minutes on each hand. That adds approximately 5 minutes to that particular service. So regardless of whether you are a fast polisher or not, additional time is needed if you didn't purchase the lamp.

Latest posts

Back