How long do your Gelish Nails last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
Or any type of gel over nail you do.
When i do my own they last about 5 days , ive had clients who have lasted 2 weeks.

However I went to a clients two days ago and one has fell off already :sad: luckly im going back today to do her tan so i can fix it.
But i just dont understand how they can last so long on some people and not on others.
I went through all the after care with her and she doesnt know why its happened.

anyone else get this?

Mine have been lasting two weeks or more. I don't see how they can just come off unless she has really oily nail beds.

It's so frustrating - Gelish nails on myself last the full 2 weeks (more if I wanted) - no chips nothing. On some clients they also last the full 2 weeks on others not so long, sometimes certain colours last longer than others!! It's so difficult to pin point why so I have given up trying!!

apparently it has a lot to do with the condition of the clients nail. this is not through experience tho, just loads and loads of research!!!!!!!!!!!! as i am currently looking at providing a gel colour service. poor nails = not what it says on the tin, as far as i can make out.

Yeah, I m the same . I use artistic which is almost the same! Some people two weeks or more, others a week. I had an all time low today, client lasted a day!!!!!! Strangely though it was a colour that I ve had problems with before . So yes I think different shades make a difference . It really is a pain!!! X

apparently it has a lot to do with the condition of the clients nail. this is not through experience tho, just loads and loads of research!!!!!!!!!!!! as i am currently looking at providing a gel colour service. poor nails = not what it says on the tin, as far as i can make out.

Yeah my client yesterday has terrible peeling nails. Saying that previous colours have lasted longer than a day!!

The last Gelish I did was on myself and it lasted over three weeks before I had to remove it.

On the bad peeling nails I use protein bonder under the base, I bought Linkage from TEN, I read a lot of great things about it. And so far it does its job - oily nails, peeling almost to the half of lenght managed to keep gelish 2 weeks with one chip only.
I read that YN protein bonder does the job not bad, maybe you can try it?

On the bad peeling nails I use protein bonder under the base, I bought Linkage from TEN, I read a lot of great things about it. And so far it does its job - oily nails, peeling almost to the half of lenght managed to keep gelish 2 weeks with one chip only.

Tha

I read that YN protein bonder does the job not bad, maybe you can try it?

Thanks. Where do you buy that? X

I have been so busy in salon and home work that haven't had chance to do anything with my gelish this is them after 5 weeks. It does depend on clients nails though I believe structure gel ( gelish ) product can be use to help this x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336077353.354920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336077353.354920.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 25,303
Mine have lasted 3 weeks! I think it all comes down to good prep and sealing!

The picture I've attached is my boyfriends mum's nails after 3 weeks. She does't look after them in the slightest! Never wears gloves or uses oil. And I found her gardening without gloves!! Her nails were full of soil and dirt, and i assumed they wouldn't last. 3 weeks after we did them and still no chips or lifting!

Yet I have other clients who claim to really look after them, use their oil and wear gloves, having repairs after a week because they've chipped. It baffles me.

I'm finding they are lasting a lot longer since i started being more thorough, when capping the free edge with every layer xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336081998.735948.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336081998.735948.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,592
Mines last at least two to three weeks i would say 90% of my clients come back with there gelish perfect , when i first started this was not the case good prep and capping etc are key factors to a great gelish treatment x
Practise practise and more practise x

Latest posts

Back