How long does a Solar Oil pinkie last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAllinson

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Have just started shellac and am wondering how long a solar oil pinkie will last a client (if used twice a day) will help me decide what to charge too!

Retail price for solar oil is £3.95

It'll last between 2 & 4 weeks x

Also, the only need to use it once a day, best at night so it has all night to soak in xx

This is kind of an impossible question, as there are so many variables.
One person may use only a little on each nail and the next will use a large blob.
I use mine once a day cos I always forget to use it twice lol, but it lasts longer than 8 weeks by a long way.

Thanks guys! Just wanted a rough idea so that's a great help! x

Official recommendation is twice daily usage; this will mean the pinky bottle lasts approx 2 weeks. Some of my clients have excessively dry fingers and nails, so I recommend they use it 2-4 times per day and we see real results. :)

I'm just building up my clientèle so i'm giving away pinkies as a gift to clients as a one off. How much do you sell yours at? £3.95 wow thats not cheap

I considered giving mines away but would not do it! Most clients pay and your missing out on that extra sale If you do. Unless you include it in your price but on a whole I think you are missing out. Tell your clients they NEED it. Talk to them as If they are buying it as if they already have it!

"so you want to be using your oil twice a day blah blah"

I considered giving mines away but would not do it! Most clients pay and your missing out on that extra sale If you do. Unless you include it in your price but on a whole I think you are missing out. Tell your clients they NEED it. Talk to them as If they are buying it as if they already have it!

"so you want to be using your oil twice a day blah blah"

Quite right - good girl! ;)

How much do you charge for pinkies?

Ah thanks.

£3.95 but most round it up to £4. I'm going to get the bigger bottles in next order.

Honestly. Stop giving them away for free you are mad!

Ok, I will stop from now!
I have 2 new shellac clients in tomorrow.I find it really hard to charge full price. I work from home and I'm a bit soft that way. Shellac £18

I charge £3 for my pinkie bottles and £25 for Shellac . I also work from home.
I do give a discount to family and friends though, and include removal .

Hth's

Your shellac price is no way covering your oil aswell.

All you say is, ok so this is your solar oil. It's really imperative you use this oil as alot of the problems with shellac stem from dry nails and dry nails stem from not using oil. What you want to do is apply your shellac twice a day. Or at least once a day at bedtime. You rub it I like I am doing here and that will penetrate the shellac and moisturise the nail plate.

Then they will probably say where can I get it and you say here! Or just say would you like an oil then? That will be £18 for your shellac and 4 for your oil :) thank you, goodbye, NEXTTTT! Lol.
X

Thank you . I'm ready for tomorrow, bring it on!

Good! Let me know how you get on! X

I charge €5 per bottle and if it was 10 I'd say my clients wud still buy it! Because basically when they sit down I assess their nails and cuticles and ask them have they ever used cuticle oil before? If they say no I say well with shellac that's one if your home care recommendations and I explain to them that it keeps your nails strong hydrates and nourishes cuticles but also keeps shellac shiny an prevents it from cracking so u may even get an extra week longer if u use it 2-3 times daily! And if they say yes they have used cuticle oil and they have one at home then u ask what brand is it an is it the almond solar oil? If they say no it's bla bla bla then u say well the shellac brand recommend if u want to keep ur nails strong and healthy before during and after having shellac u must use this brand because it is specially designed to soak through the porus molecules i'n shellac where a's other brands will only hydrate ur cuticle it wont hydrate ur nail and soak down through the layers of shellac,

then I just say oh I'll show u at the end of ur treatment how you should be applying it at home and leave it at that for the minute, and then when ur finished the shellac say now here's how you apply the almond oil so u pop it on to 5 fingers on one hand an then massage each one for 3 seconds then and then move on to the other hand and then u say so u have to use this at least twice a day if u want ur nails to stay strong and ur shellac to not chip for 2 weeks even let her smell Yhe lovely scent from it so she really falls in love with the product, then u give her a hand massage so she can think about weather she is going to buy it or not, then when your checking out say to her oh did you want to get that oil? And if she says no say ok but they do say if you don't use it it won't guarantee 2 week of perfect nails, and she will defineatly take it then , works a charm i'n our salon all my clients have about 5 bttls and they even look to buy the larger ones now :)

Latest posts

Back