How long does acrylic removal & gel nail application take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.csglitzandglam

Reaction score
I don’t usually remove acrylic. I agreed to it today as I didn’t want to loose a client and she wanted gel polish applied on her hands and feet.

This took me altogether 3 hours to remove acrylic, apply gel to toes, and hands. Although, I did focus on a lot of the cuticles.

What should it have taken me?

I don’t usually remove acrylic. I agreed to it today as I didn’t want to loose a client and she wanted gel polish applied on her hands and feet.

This took me altogether 3 hours to remove acrylic, apply gel to toes, and hands. Although, I did focus on a lot of the cuticles.

What should it have taken me?
I'm the same, try and hurry but dont want to damage the nail plates! I usually rotate alot..soak fingers in acetone, prep feet, keep checking the fingers to see if it's ready, paint the toes, remove acrylics with drill or file etc it's a process I have to admit!

I'm the same, try and hurry but dont want to damage the nail plates! I usually rotate alot..soak fingers in acetone, prep feet, keep checking the fingers to see if it's ready, paint the toes, remove acrylics with drill or file etc it's a process I have to admit!

That’s what I did. I kept going back and fourth, from soaking.. back to feet. It honestly took so long. 3 hours! Couldn’t believe it. Worst thing is she came late in the evening and only wanted her hands done and then changed it while she was here to toes aswell, so I was going on until 9pm. Awful. Definitely a process ahah!

In exactly the same! Lady today wanted acrylics soaked off and then gel because she was packing and moving house...she was there almost 3 hrs....I know her quite well so we did a lot of chatting but my goodness....!!! I feel your pain!!!

Latest posts

Back