How long does an LED lamp work for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blossom

Reaction score
I bought my CND shellac lamp from S2 a couple of years or so ago, and was told no more buying bulbs, it would just keep working & curing till it died basically.

But lately I’ve had a few lifting problems from people who don’t normally have problems. Nails sliding off within a few days. Not on everyone, but more problems than normal by some margin.

I buy products only from S2.

I understand when uv bulbs stop curing you can’t tell. But I thought it was different with led and that they just kept working until they didn’t light up and more.

Can anyone help? Thanks

So the CND LED light will give off light, but the UV energy needed to cure the gel will no longer be there. So if you work full time and been constantly using the lamp for years, it should've been replaced the first year of use.

Remember the cnd lamp with the long bulbs? Those have to be replace every 2-3 months.

I bought my CND shellac lamp from S2 a couple of years or so ago, and was told no more buying bulbs, it would just keep working & curing till it died basically.

But lately I’ve had a few lifting problems from people who don’t normally have problems. Nails sliding off within a few days. Not on everyone, but more problems than normal by some margin.

I buy products only from S2.

I understand when uv bulbs stop curing you can’t tell. But I thought it was different with led and that they just kept working until they didn’t light up and more.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Give it a good clean, I noticed a few random issues a few months back, had a good look at the round clear covers over the bulbs and noticed loads of product on them where clients have knocked against them putting their fingers in. It took some gentle scraping, and wiping with acetone but I got it off, hey presto no more lifting issues.

Really? Oh my goodness! I’m going to do that tomorrow, thank you.

So will it really keep on curing product as long as the led lights are on?

So the CND LED light will give off light, but the UV energy needed to cure the gel will no longer be there. So if you work full time and been constantly using the lamp for years, it should've been replaced the first year of use.

Remember the cnd lamp with the long bulbs? Those have to be replace every 2-3 months.

Tuan my lamp isn’t uv so doesn’t need bulb changes every 2-3 months

Tuan my lamp isn’t uv so doesn’t need bulb changes every 2-3 months

I know its not a UV bulb lamp. You have the CND LED lamp. I have it too. The benefit you get from LED over the bulb is that you get to use it longer without having to change it every 2-3 months. However, you still have to buy a new lamp every year if you use it heavily. Most folks don't know that. :) Like Ive said before, im a top tier researcher. Some of the oldies here thinks im kidding.

The lamp will just give out light but it wont actually fully cure the gel. Thats just one of many possible reasons for lifting.

So For Led Lamp used every day in a salon, when it's the right time to change them? After a year?

This is exactly the question! Because when I bought my lamp from S2 I was told that as long as it lights up, it’s working ... can do 60,000 hours or something crazy which equates to 5 or so years and there’s no way I’ve done that much, I don’t even do just nails anymore I do a lot of beauty too now

Yet having problems so my guess is that they do conk out way before then
I’ve messaged CND about this but not heard back

I've had a cnd light since they came out and I use mine probably 10 - 15 times a week. No problem with curing and longevity yet.
I'll be interested to hear what S2 say.

I've had an LED lamp which has lasted for 5 years plus. I also have to give it a clean to make sure the led lights aren't covered in gel but works brilliantly

LED Bulbs should last around 50,000 hours so changing the lamp every year is not needed. No idea where that research has come from . If you said ( and if any nail tech did this they would soon burn out ) you did 150 clients a week and allowing cure time of ten mins per client then the lamp in theory should last about 4 years . 50 clients a week should last you about 12 years!!!! . Have yet to come across a lamp that lasted that long mind ;) Having said that it does sound like a curing issue so I should do what Trinity said and clean the bulbs as well as contacting Sweet Squared and see what happens x

Last edited:
clean the bulbs and turn them over on top of contacting Sweet Squared and see what happens x

You can't turn the LED bulbs, they are sealed units, you can just clean the clear covers

So For Led Lamp used every day in a salon, when it's the right time to change them? After a year?

Yes, if you use it 2-5 times a day, everyday, you have to replace it after one year. What cures the gel is the invisible UV energy. The LED gives off light that you can see but it also gives off invisible UV. But the part of the LED bulb that emits UV wears out after every use.

Im a private researcher and I know the science behind how these products are made. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about when it comes the nail products. Even if you ask CND or S2, they will not give you an accurate answer because the people who answer are just front desk workers with no background in science. That said, they have helped me before with my research, but it had more to do with application.

You can't turn the LED bulbs, they are sealed units, you can just clean the clear covers
Of course you are right Trinity ....Duh having a blonde moment , its been a long week :)

Yes, if you use it 2-5 times a day, everyday, you have to replace it after one year. What cures the gel is the invisible UV energy. The LED gives off light that you can see but it also gives off invisible UV. But the part of the LED bulb that emits UV wears out after every use.

Im a private researcher and I know the science behind how these products are made. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about when it comes the nail products. Even if you ask CND or S2, they will not give you an accurate answer because the people who answer are just front desk workers with no background in science. That said, they have helped me before with my research, but it had more to do with application.

I’m saying nothing [emoji850]

Ok I just got my reply from CND, the lamp works until the bulb is out. Brilliant to get it straight from the horse”s mouth.

Ok I just got my reply from CND, the lamp works until the bulb is out. Brilliant to get it straight from the horse”s mouth.
lol. Like I said, you just talked to a front desk worker.

lol. Like I said, you just talked to a front desk worker.

Yes exactly, and someone who represents CND the company who actually make my lamp. Instead of listening to someone who claims to do their own research but not be qualified to do any and who doesn’t actually research for a company [emoji848] and won’t give much away about who they are [emoji23] and trolls around on here hmmm I wonder who I should listen to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back