How long does it take you for a lash lift and tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debz88

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering how long it takes everyone to do a lash lift and tint? When I was training they said takes roughly a hour but im finding it is taking me roughly 1.30-2 hours to do it? What am I doing wrong? Also does anybody else find a problem with the shield popping of on corners now and again?

Hey, For me it totally depends on each client and how long it takes me to get the lashes on the shield mostly roughly 50 mins. Once that’s mastered then it’s easy as we know.
Could there be a problem with your adhesive? Is it dying up/getting really stringy. Also how is your prep? Are you removing all traces off makeup and oils off of the entire eye area? Don’t panic. Practice makes perfect.

Also, depends on the products you use. I use Nouveau LVL, and the treatment time I personally find quicker than other brands.

Last edited:
I can do it in about 45 mins, prep and getting the lashes on the shield is about 5-10 mins, put on pink solution and leave on for 10 mins, put on blue and leave on for 10 mins, put on tint and leave for 5-10 mins and take it all off. I find having it done not very comfortable so I do it as quickly as possible

Usually an hour but like you I was more like 1.5 in the beginning.

The shields I now try and handle quite a bit before the client gets here, to warm them up and then I roll them up inwards and keep them there between my fingers before popping them on to the eyelid and they fit the lid better. I usually trim the ends as well to make them shorter

hey I’m using all salon system products I’m starting to wonder is it more the waiting time on products to take because that’s 45 minutes alone 12 mins for perm lotion 15 mins for setting then 15 for tint? Yes I take everything of the eye and even if they don’t have any make up on I always give the eye a quick clean and i usually get the shields on ok I’m so confused lol x

The other thing I have noticed and has only been on last 2 clients somehow my tint has gotten under the shield and stains the lid a bit I always yake
My time at end to clean up the eye but I don’t understand how that’s happening? I’m wondering is it now because I tried to get right down the lash with the tint because one client had ginger lashes so didn’t want them having half black and half ginger lol x

The other thing I have noticed and has only been on last 2 clients somehow my tint has gotten under the shield and stains the lid a bit I always yake
My time at end to clean up the eye but I don’t understand how that’s happening? I’m wondering is it now because I tried to get right down the lash with the tint because one client had ginger lashes so didn’t want them having half black and half ginger lol x

It sounds like your shield might not be close enough to the lash line. There should be no gap between the lash line and shield. X

Hey
hey I’m using all salon system products I’m starting to wonder is it more the waiting time on products to take because that’s 45 minutes alone 12 mins for perm lotion 15 mins for setting then 15 for tint? Yes I take everything of the eye and even if they don’t have any make up on I always give the eye a quick clean and i usually get the shields on ok I’m so confused lol x
hey sorry thought I’d just add- I was taught to never leave tint on for that long !!
You’ve already used many chemicals, so the lash tint should be on maximum like 6 mins.
Make sure when you are cleansing then that the cleanser is oil free, if the lashes aren’t sticking properly still x

I thought it was a bit long when I was trained I was told all chemicals 15 minutes and tint 10-15 depending on how dark or light clients lashes was x

Yes even when I done tinting at college, were were told around 8 mins. So for a lash lift and tint aim for about 5. That’ll already cut down your treatment time x

Brilliant thank you because when you leave perm lotion 15 minutes and setting lotion 15 minutes and tint 15 minutes there’s 45 minutes already x

Yeah long waiting time!
If after lots of practise, you feel you aren’t improving much - think about an LVL conversion course. As their treatments are a little different. The solutions aren’t coloured, plus the treatment time is a lot less, and in my opinion the best result.
1st solution is on between 10-14 mins depending on thickness of lashes. Then the 2nd is left on for 7 mins. X

Must look into that x

Highly recommend it! Sometimes going original and paying a bit extra is the way forward in the long run :) x

Where do you recommend to do the course x

With LVL, nouveau x

That seems like an awfully long time.
I have tried a number of products and the best results I have had is with Lash Bomb. The treatment time is around 50 minutes from start to finish, including a tint. Each solution is on for between 4-6 minutes.
If you have problems with the shield corners lifting which is sometimes a problem if clients have very small curved lids I add a little micro pore tape across the very corners of the shields.

I use salon system and I find about 1 hour 20min all together
I was taught 15 each for pink & blue and 10 for tint by the way.

1 hour. I use Lash Base, development usually 12 mins each lotion.
I offer a brow wax and tint for £10 when having a lash lift as I can do it while things are developing and is popular and takes no longer overall.
I find the following things speed me up:
Have everything set out and ready and blue black mixed
Roll shields between my fingers to warm them so they fit the eye nicely and don’t pop up
After the blue lotion has developed I try to lift the lashes off the shield as much as I can which really speeds up cleaning off time
Hope this helps. I used to take 1hr 30 but the more you do, the more you speed up without cutting any corners

Latest posts

Back