How long does it take you-full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybykellyd

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how long does it take you to do a full set of plain acrylics? Either french tips or natural?

Takes me just about an hour. From prep to finish.

You're doing well if it only takes you 1 hour to do a new full set :)

15 mins cuticle clean and prep, 30 mins tip and acrylic application and 15mins finishing.

I am talking about white tip and clear or natural tips and pink.

Usually takes me an hour and a half , sometimes an hour (depending on how the nails are). I spend most of my time prepping then around half and hour for application of L&p x

1 hour French tips. 1 hour 10mins clear tips (including polish)

Laura xx

Was just curious as I had a client yesterday that said she was impressed with my time scale and it was the quickest set of nails she'd had. Just wondered if I was being too quick and that was why she was shocked. But if an hour seems reasonable I guess I'm doing ok. Her full treatment was 1 hour 30 mins as she had Gelish toes done as well as french acrylics.

Was just curious as I had a client yesterday that said she was impressed with my time scale and it was the quickest set of nails she'd had. Just wondered if I was being too quick and that was why she was shocked. But if an hour seems reasonable I guess I'm doing ok. Her full treatment was 1 hour 30 mins as she had Gelish toes done as well as french acrylics.

That would be my timings too. Time is money! And money is what we work for ;)
So long as your offering quality and not a scabby rushed set of nails then the quicker the better :)
Keep up the good work!

Laura xx

I would hope my nails aren't scabby haha! Not I've been trained for nearly 6 years but I've just never had anyone comment on my time before, made me question my timings. :)

I can, if needed get a set of white tips/natural tips done in 45 minutes. I book out an hour but if I'm squishing someone in or if they're late it is manageable so long as I get my head done & work my butt off! ;)

All other sets, I book out 1hr 15 mins but generally speaking unless quite fancy I'm done in an hour and 10 - that's full set with Shellac/Rockstars :)

45 mins! Wow. Do you use a drill for filing haha. I don't use a drill as they make me nervous so I use a file always and feel this takes me at least 10-15 mins before gel top coat.

2 1/2 to 3 hours!
Losing clients because of this 😞

2 1/2 to 3 hours!
Losing clients because of this 😞

How long have you been qualified? I got quicker over the years. Once I was in a routine and knew my way round my table & kit.

1 hour to 1.5 hours dependent on the condition of the natural nail

I'm still training in acrylics and it takes me around 2 hours with tips, but no polish. I haven't done gel polish yet, but if I did gel colour on top of acrylic do I still need 2 colour coats and top coat. And how long should this application take?
Thanks

45 mins! Wow. Do you use a drill for filing haha. I don't use a drill as they make me nervous so I use a file always and feel this takes me at least 10-15 mins before gel top coat.
No, no drill :) I only use and electric file for infills.

To be honest, the longer you do it the less time you should need to file as it should be a simple buff & shape, not getting lumps or anything out :) I don't buff to a shine as I use a Shellac top coat.

1½ hours (ish)
This is for blended full well tips and Gel enhancements.
The ish is dependant on shape of nails required..
Squoval and square are obv far quicker than pill, almond or stiletto.

How long have you been qualified? I got quicker over the years. Once I was in a routine and knew my way round my table & kit.

Qualified in 2008/2009, but only did my own nails as I couldn't pursue opening my own salon at the time.

I opened in 2012 dec, but I have 1 acrylic client. Had one but she went as I take too long.

I do a set of sculptured pink and whites in an hour. No drill just hand files. I don't do tips anymore. Just sculptured.

Takes me ages, 2 hours for a full set with tips and extreme sculpted shapes 3 hours min. I finished my NVQ lvl 2 last week

I'm down to...
tip acrylics- 1hour
Sculpted acrylics- 1hour 30mins
Acrylics with Gelish- 1hour 30mins
Gelish manicure- 30mins

Latest posts

Back