How long does it take YOU???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

del3

Reaction score
One question I've noticed being asked regularly on chat is' by qualified and training nail techs, is ''How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P?''

The times given vary so much.
I normally take around 11/2 to 2hrs depending how much cuticle work is required.

So what I'm asking is:

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P (tips or sculpts) from consultation to finish?
b) Are you training or qualified?
c) How long have you been in the industry?

The reason I'm asking all these question is hopefully to help those training or newly qualified,realise that it's taken many years of practice to achive a decent speed and still deliver a good service, and not to feel dishartend if it seems like it's taking them forever.

Come on now be honest :lol: ( only kidding ) :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Hi Del

For a new set including tips I take about 1hr 15 natural to 1hr45 French, bit longer for chronic nailbiter or, as you say, if there is a LOT of cuticle work to do.

I trained in 2003 in gel and in 2004 in l&p, silks/fibreglass and tip and dip but from choice only use gel and l&p now.

hth xx

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P (tips or sculpts) from consultation to finish? Depends on the clients needs 1hr 15 mins - 2hours sounds about right, sculpted glitters and colour fades etc always take a bit longer. b) Are you training or qualified? Qualifiedc) How long have you been in the industry? 4 years

It takes me about an hour and half but i dilly dally about to be honest. I have done sets in an hour when i get my head down and dont faff about.

im qualified to Nvq 3 and have been in industry since 2005

Last edited:
I trained with Creative last year, been in the industry since October last year.

If I can use performance tips, it takes me about 1hr 15mins to do a natural full set, just under 2 hours for p&w, and 2 hours (perhaps a little more) for glitter.

Thes times will be extended if the client needs tips that need blending eg formation or eclipse since not everyone can wear performance. Also I will take longer if a more detailed prep is needed eg lots of cuticle to remove.

Sculpts - 1 hour max.
Performance tips & overlays - 1 hour 15 mins.
Tips & overlays - 1 hour 30 mins.
Poppits - 30 to 45 mins.

Doing nails for 10 years :)

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P
Sculps - 1 hour max
Tips & Overlay - 50 mins max

Qualified in 2002

8 years :)

sculpts p and w 1 hour
tips and overlay p and white 1 hour 15
qualified

nearly four yrs

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P
Tips & Overlay - 1hr 15 - 1 hr 45 (depends how much cuticle work and how much i talk)

Qualified in 2005

nearly 3 yrs years

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P (tips or sculpts) from consultation to finish?
2 hours depending on cuticles/biter
qualified
7 months (since May '07)

full set = 55 mins - 1hr 15mins

started in nails 2000

fully qualified (to GM 2006)

T&O about an hour forgot to add:)
Not my fave though...I'd rather sculpt
Sculpted can vary with me....depends again on what I'm sculpting, colours etc. and detail.
I love clients that have probs though or want something a bit different and don't mind the time as long as I'm paid for it.

Tips ...white (yes yes i use white tips :eek::green:) about 1hr 20 mins,
Natural tips...about 1 and a half hours,
Sculpts anywhere from 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours

Glitters design work and Custom made can take me 3 hours .
The longest a set has ever taken me is .......6 Hours !!!! :eek:
(yes there was lots of tea and ciggie breaks)

Qualified

Erm....about 2 and a half years
:lol:

UV Gel and/or fibreglass - 1hr 30 - 2 hrs depending on what their nails are like!

Qualified

Just over 4 years
I don't do nails full time and think that for the amount of hours per week I spend on nails that my timing is ok, I know it would be faster if I was in a salon doing nails day in and day out.

a) How long does it take you to do a full set of L&P (tips or sculpts) from consultation to finish?Sculpts 2 hrs tips 2.5 -3 hrs
b) Are you training or qualified? Qualified
c) How long have you been in the industry?2 years (in Brisa 1 year)

=
I'm slow I know but I don't have that many enhancement clients and I do like to chat:lol:

1) 45-50min.ful sets sculpted (I don't use tips)
2) I am Qualified
3) 9 years in business.

It takes me between 1 hr and 1 1/2 hrs to do a full set of tips with pink and white L&P.

I began doing L&P at tech around Sept/Oct last year and have been working in the industry for 2 weeks lol.

It takes me about 1hour & 45 mins to do a full set of sculpts (pink & whites). I rarely use tips so they take me about 20mins longer.

I can only do them in this time if I shut up and get into it though, and I'm NO-WHERE NEAR completely happy with them.

I could spend all day perfecting one smile line, I just have to tell myself to move on.

I've been qualified for 2 months but don't do nails all day, because I'm a beauty therapist also.

1.5 - 2 hours sculpts (french/color-glitter f/e) Fades (sculpts) 1.5hour
b) Are you training or qualified? Qualified
c) How long have you been in the industry? almost 15 months (after completing education, 25 nov 2006)

It takes me about 60 mins to do p&w scultps, an hour and 10 mins to do p&w tip and overlay or custom blended and if im doing basic french or naturel tips it takes me 45 mins. Im 3 years qualified.

Latest posts

Back