How long does regular nail polish last on artificial nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI you’re the best, trinity!! Lol such sound logic always

Hi. I don’t want to keep making new threads because I don’t want to monopolize this forum lol so anyway my tech told me to thread lightly on hand creams because they can cause lifting, as well as wear gloves in the shower. Done and done. But my hands are so dry. Any lotion that doesn’t cause lifting I can use?? Thanks

Apply some extra Solar Oil and rub into your hands. Depending on where you got your Solar Oil you can get CND Almond Hydrating Lotion, it's like Solar Oil whipped into a hand cream.

Apply some extra Solar Oil and rub into your hands. Depending on where you got your Solar Oil you can get CND Almond Hydrating Lotion, it's like Solar Oil whipped into a hand cream.
ohhh cool. I got it from target. I’ll see if they have that. Thanks. So far no closings btw 🙏🙏 cannot wait for this pandemic to be over. A lot of people with job issues these days.

Ok I got the lotion. Is there ever such thing as too much cuticle oil or of that lotion?? I use it sooo much. I am unsure if that is ok.

Ok I got the lotion. Is there ever such thing as too much cuticle oil or of that lotion?? I use it sooo much. I am unsure if that is ok.

Once or twice a day should be sufficient, no more than that is necessary.

One week down. So far so good. If I do get another week out of them tbh that’s a pretty good step

Attachments

• 3D14AB61-8D02-45F4-9F60-9F24E7523CEE.jpeg
    3D14AB61-8D02-45F4-9F60-9F24E7523CEE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
One week down. So far so good. If I do get another week out of them tbh that’s a pretty good step

Looking good, don’t get complacent, keep up the maintenance oil and hand cream

Looking good, don’t get complacent, keep up the maintenance oil and hand cream

You don’t have to worry about me. I’m on all the prep work. I even shower with gloves and never clean ever without my cleaning gloves lol I’m really on it until they heal. Nail tech said about 10 weeks based on the rate of my nail growth since I last saw them. So 9 now around

Ok so in 2 days it’ll be two weeks. Pretty nice so far. I’m thinking I can get away with going next Tuesday. What do you all say? Unless you think I should go this week?

Attachments

• 0DC43A72-DD14-478D-8611-C0497DC5C4E9.jpeg
    0DC43A72-DD14-478D-8611-C0497DC5C4E9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Give your nails the extra week, and keep going with the Solar Oil and hand cream in the meantime.

Give your nails the extra week, and keep going with the Solar Oil and hand cream in the meantime.

Thanks a million. Will do. I’ll keep my appointment for next Tuesday. She books so quick which I know you said is good sign so I asked a tad in advance

Thanks a million. Will do. I’ll keep my appointment for next Tuesday. She books so quick which I know you said is good sign so I asked a tad in advance

So long as you have your next appointment in place, there’s no need to panic 😉

So long as you have your next appointment in place, there’s no need to panic 😉

Haha, thanks. You guys rock. Yea, I have been following all the advice. Same nail tech. All cuticle oil the world has to offer and the lotion you recommended. I haven't seen any lifting verse. I mean on a few nails I see some clear pieces which could be lifts but am not sure... it isn't getting stuck in my hair so I am just gonna do what my tech said and if it isn't assume it is ok for now. Cannot wait for next Tuesday though. The growth is bugging me. But I am glad they are growing fast. According to her, I have about 8 more weeks until my nails are super healthy :)

The growth is bugging me.

The regrowth the bugs everybody, even us techs when we don’t have time to re-do our nails as much as we’d like to 😆

The regrowth the bugs everybody, even us techs when we don’t have time to re-do our nails as much as we’d like to 😆
Just counting my blessings they’re growing fast. :)

Ok, guys. I sent my nail tech the pics to update her. She said without me asking if I would like to do a regular LCN hard gel overlay set next time. She said she will have to look at them but she thinks they should be good enough, but that she would not suggest extensions... opinions?

This stuff seemed to work pretty good (Tuesday is my 3rd week.) I'll post a pic in a sec of the update.

Here they are...

Attachments

• 1FEC8BC9-19AE-4593-8332-FF37C7D5C1AB.jpeg
    1FEC8BC9-19AE-4593-8332-FF37C7D5C1AB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • B452E01D-0EFD-49A2-9A33-7B372CB6F042.jpeg
    B452E01D-0EFD-49A2-9A33-7B372CB6F042.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Ok, guys. I sent my nail tech the pics to update her. She said without me asking if I would like to do a regular LCN hard gel overlay set next time. She said she will have to look at them but she thinks they should be good enough, but that she would not suggest extensions... opinions?

This stuff seemed to work pretty good (Tuesday is my 3rd week.) I'll post a pic in a sec of the update.

I wouldn't. You're doing perfectly well with your current product and regime, why change it? You said you wanted healthy, natural nails, you're on your way to that.

I wouldn't. You're doing perfectly well with your current product and regime, why change it? You said you wanted healthy, natural nails, you're on your way to that.
True that. I’m gonna opt out of hard gels. :)

Ok approaching 3 weeks and I’m noticing a little tiny bit of peeling. One of my nails had a slight chip on the side of the actual nail which gets a bit caught in my hair. Can I gently file it so it’s even? Not the surface. Like the side. Also do you think it’s ok to leave the peeling until Tuesday? Or should I call her? Thank you all. :) the peeling pic is below. I’m just afraid it’ll flake off in shower.

Attachments

• A7B98C42-7B62-4488-BC2B-6393837D72E4.jpeg
    A7B98C42-7B62-4488-BC2B-6393837D72E4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back