How long does regular nail polish last on artificial nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG like Icarus or Pandora’s box!!! Lmao but with nails. You may be right.

You are going to think I am BONKERS but I am thinking... it may be a useful skill for me to have in my beauty career. How do classes/certifications work for nail techs? I mean, I live in a different area so it may be different for me.

You are going to think I am BONKERS but I am thinking... it may be a useful skill for me to have in my beauty career. How do classes/certifications work for nail techs? I mean, I live in a different area so it may be different for me.

No idea I'm innthe UK 😆

Start a new thread asking for information, be sure to state where you live as we've become USA based recently.

If you are genuinely interested buy a copy of The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman. I think the latest version is 4th Edition. Its availablein Amazon, etc. It'll give you something to do if the world goes into lockdown again. If you read that book you will one if the best nail educated people around.
Mine arrived today, very pleased thank you for the recommendation 😀

Hi, again. I wanted to do my usual 1 week update... I am not sure if this one is holding up better than the other. It is thinner than the other. What do you guys think? I am going back next week, so honesty is fine. XD I opted for 2 weeks like you all said.

Here they are.

Attachments

• 01D2DC71-82E4-4B87-98CB-958EECD312F6.jpeg
    01D2DC71-82E4-4B87-98CB-958EECD312F6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 606CF4B0-00AA-4618-9A08-F5B28BE04071.jpeg
    606CF4B0-00AA-4618-9A08-F5B28BE04071.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Hi, again. I wanted to do my usual 1 week update... I am not sure if this one is holding up better than the other. It is thinner than the other. What do you guys think? I am going back next week, so honesty is fine. XD I opted for 2 weeks like you all said.

Here they are.

Your first tech is better skilled based on the two applications

Just out of I guess educated curiosity, how can someone tell lol Like me, I feel like I can't tell so much XD I am going to the previous tech because I have been with her more but I am so curious. :p Thanks

edit: Also thinking when I go next week to just leave them au natural. Because according to the tech my nails would have to go another 4 weeks from them to be fully healed... AND the numbers getting so high maybe I should just nurse them back to health with the nail strengthener. 4 weeks is like nothing.

Last edited:
Just out of I guess educated curiosity, how can someone tell lol Like me, I feel like I can't tell so much XD

The application is lumpy and uneven, the cuticle area is scrappy and untidy. The product is on the skin of the sidewalls.

The application is lumpy and uneven, the cuticle area is scrappy and untidy. The product is on the skin of the sidewalls.

Ok gotcha 👌👌

edit: Also thinking when I go next week to just leave them au natural. Because according to the tech my nails would have to go another 4 weeks from them to be fully healed... AND the numbers getting so high maybe I should just nurse them back to health with the nail strengthener. 4 weeks is like nothing.

You have a plan to let them grow off, you've discussed and planned it with your first tech. You can still do that in lockdown, she explained about how to just shorten them.

I think you have had gel on them this cannot be soaked off, it needs to be filed off. Filing off is when the most damage is likely.

You have a plan to let them grow off, you've discussed and planned it with your first tech. You can still do that in lockdown, she explained about how to just shorten them.

I think you have had gel on them this cannot be soaked off, it needs to be filed off. Filing off is when the most damage is likely.

Ah, ok. So I’ll let them grow out and get that fill 👌👌

Ok so my area is a big hot spot on the news... I do not think I should go on Tuesday. It is way too risky. I feel awful but am probably going to delay the appointment I made. I really really hate COVID. :(

Leave it alone, if you can wait until Tuesday without picking, fiddling or interfering with it then wait, if you can't leave it alone then call and reschedule. No please don't file it. You will break the 'seal' even more.
Hi,

I finally found a really good recommended technician. She put a very very thin layer of lcn on my nails with top coat to allow them to grow. She said I won’t need to fill them in as they’ll just grow with my nail. I’m planning on getting some nail polish added down the line on top of this minor enhancement... how long should it last?? If I get gel color will it last longer?? How long??
Thanks.

I worked as a nail tech for over 10 years and I always polished the tips of artificial nails with base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat. Unless they did a lot of manual labor it would last nicely for 2 weeks. Hope that helps.

I worked as a nail tech for over 10 years and I always polished the tips of artificial nails with base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat. Unless they did a lot of manual labor it would last nicely for 2 weeks. Hope that helps.
Thank you :)

Ok, so no lifts still. Looking good. But I have a dilemma...
numbers SKYROCKETING by me. 1k per day in a population of 9 million. My area is a red zone, too.My hub doesn't really want me to go anymore as frequently because we visit his high-risk parents. I get it, and totally understand. Family is more important than nails. Sadly, I have two options now :( --- I let my tech know and she advises I get it filed off since my nails are as she says "in good shape now for the hard gel to be adhering, and maybe I would need max another 5 weeks to grow off the scratches on the tip of the nail..." OOOOOR... just leave them the **** alone. She said this option there is no guarantee they won't lift but if I choose this to file them short and eventually they will come off on there own.

Soooo opinion?? :)

Ok, so no lifts still. Looking good. But I have a dilemma...
numbers SKYROCKETING by me. 1k per day in a population of 9 million. My area is a red zone, too.My hub doesn't really want me to go anymore as frequently because we visit his high-risk parents. I get it, and totally understand. Family is more important than nails. Sadly, I have two options now :( --- I let my tech know and she advises I get it filed off since my nails are as she says "in good shape now for the hard gel to be adhering, and maybe I would need max another 5 weeks to grow off the scratches on the tip of the nail..." OOOOOR... just leave them the **** alone. She said this option there is no guarantee they won't lift but if I choose this to file them short and eventually they will come off on there own.

Soooo opinion?? :)

Leave it alone to grow off, just shortening as needed

Leave it alone to grow off, just shortening as needed

Thank you. It's ok I leave the color on and if it lifts what do I do exactly? Cause she said it is possible since it's only hard gel, not magic XD

Thank you. It's ok I leave the color on and if it lifts what do I do exactly? Cause she said it is possible since it's only hard gel, not magic XD

Nothing, we'll cross that bridge if we get to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back