How long does regular nail polish last on artificial nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, we'll cross that bridge if we get to it
Ok thanks for your support. You’ll be my guide haha as I go along. I don’t mind leaving them on. I’m just afraid of greenies 😭

Ok thanks for your support. You’ll be my guide haha as I go along. I don’t mind leaving them on. I’m just afraid of greenies 😭

Stop stressing about something you don't even know is going to happen. My Granny says don't borrow worries.

A greenie is not the end of the world, it's not infectious or contagious.

Stop stressing about something you don't even know is going to happen. My Granny says don't borrow worries.

A greenie is not the end of the world, it's not infectious or contagious.
Yea, I’m telling you I never used to worry this much. I think the pandemic in the US is really getting to me and I use this as a distraction lol 😆 well anyway, back to growing them out. If they lift, we’ll talk. Thanks so much BTW. You’ve been really helpful through all of this :)

Is there a particular grit file I should use to file them as they grow longer??

240 grit will be enough, pro's will use coarser but I wouldn't put anything other than 240 inna clients hands

240 grit will be enough, pro's will use coarser but I wouldn't put anything other than 240 inna clients hands

Ok thank you no worries, I don’t plan to file the surface at all. :)

Would the revlon emery boards do?

Ok thank you no worries, I don’t plan to file the surface at all. :)

Would the revlon emery boards do?

No idea, I only use pro brands

Ok so I’m sorry I’m so annoying. Lol the lifting has started. This time I’m sure because it’s getting caught in my hair and some are a little wobbly. Perhaps this tech wasn’t as skilled. Should I opt to get them removed now or just wait until they pop? Thanks 😊

Ok so I’m sorry I’m so annoying. Lol the lifting has started. This time I’m sure because it’s getting caught in my hair and some are a little wobbly. Perhaps this tech wasn’t as skilled. Should I opt to get them removed now or just wait until they pop? Thanks 😊

Remove, I can't take the stress 😆 ;)

Remove, I can't take the stress 😆 ;)

lol ok I’m going Friday.Ill update you. I’m sure they won’t look perfect but I’m mentally prepared :)

Ugh, I’m such a pain in the butt but as my appointment approaches I’m so so nervous because of the numbers out here... would it be the worse thing to try to cope, let nature do it’s business, and let them fall off on their own? I wouldn’t normally do this but given the pandemic circumstances around me I’m at a complete loss..

Ugh, I’m such a pain in the butt but as my appointment approaches I’m so so nervous because of the numbers out here... would it be the worse thing to try to cope, let nature do it’s business, and let them fall off on their own? I wouldn’t normally do this but given the pandemic circumstances around me I’m at a complete loss..

Only you can decide that for you not a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I can tell you I'm doing everything I can to protect myself and my clients, pre screening questions, cleaning before arrival, masks, visors, hand washing, santisation of desk and tools before and after use, clean down on departure ready to go again. If your tech is doing everything to protect you and herself there is no reason not to go, BUT if you are not convinced or sure then don’t go. You have to be responsible for your decisions.

Only you can decide that for you not a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I can tell you I'm doing everything I can to protect myself and my clients, pre screening questions, cleaning before arrival, masks, visors, hand washing, santisation of desk and tools before and after use, clean down on departure ready to go again. If your tech is doing everything to protect you and herself there is no reason not to go, BUT if you are not convinced or sure then don’t go. You have to be responsible for your decisions.
She is. But you’re right. I have to think on this myself to make the right decision.

She is. But you’re right. I have to think on this myself to make the right decision.
If I choose not to go though. Idk something in my gut is telling me no. Is there a safe way to just let these nails grow out and run their course?

If I choose not to go though. Idk something in my gut is telling me no. Is there a safe way to just let these nails grow out and run their course?

Yes you know it is, you've already discussed it with both of your techs ans us

Yes you know it is, you've already discussed it with both of your techs ans us

I know I know but even with the lifting? Like what do I do? Just make them fall off in the shower? Lol because I do see separation and catches in my hair.

I know I know but even with the lifting? Like what do I do? Just make them fall off in the shower? Lol because I do see separation and catches in my hair.

We're going round in ever decreasing circles and I really don't know what you want me to tell you. I can't magic up a solution for you that doesn't exist.

You have two choices sensible choices - get them removed, or put up with any lifting and allow them to grow off, etc.

If you want a stupid suggestion..go ahead and pick them off, you'll ruin your natural nails but it's not the end of the world, they're only nails, they'll grow again.

I'm not going to recommend you file them off, if that's what you're angling for. I know you have an efile but you're not trained and its a disaster waiting to happen .

With the greatest of respect I'm not answering anymore messages, you've had the same advice over and over. This is technically a Pro only site for Pro to Pro support snd advice, you've had more support and advice than we usually offer Jo Public and I'm done. Stay safe, stay well.

We're going round in ever decreasing circles and I really don't know what you want me to tell you. I can't magic up a solution for you that doesn't exist.

You have two choices sensible choices - get them removed, or put up with any lifting and allow them to grow off, etc.

If you want a stupid suggestion..go ahead and pick them off, you'll ruin your natural nails but it's not the end of the world, they're only nails, they'll grow again.

I'm not going to recommend you file them off, if that's what you're angling for. I know you have an efile but you're not trained and its a disaster waiting to happen .

With the greatest of respect I'm not answering anymore messages, you've had the same advice over and over. This is technically a Pro only site for Pro to Pro support snd advice, you've had more support and advice than we usually offer Jo Public and I'm done. Stay safe, stay well.
Youre right. I am sorry. I have been a pain. But I truly do appreciate all of the input and advice. Have a pleasant day, guys! :) stay safe and well.

On that note, I shall now close this thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back