how long for a Parafin wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I have recently got more clients wanting a parafix wax which is ace - but I wondered how long do you leave the hands in the towells -

But i feel really silly sat their waiting for the magic to happen whilst we just chat, and when i take the towels of after 10 mins the wax is really soft and pliable which is hard to remove - should I take the hands out of the towels and let it cool down before remove the wax is this easier? All advice or hints are really needed..

When doing a parrafin wax treatment I leave the hands in thermal mitts/towels for about 15 mins. When I remove the hands and using the plastic bags I get the client to slightly resist me and just pull and it comes away like a glove. The hands have been slathered in lotion or oil beforehand.

HTH

I leave the wax on for about 10-15 minutes. Once I've taken the mittens off I fold the plastic liner back slightly just so I can get to the wax, with a spatula I gently run around the inside of the wax so it loosens from the skin. Then I start to roll it up, sort of a bit like rolling a glove back over the hand, all the time keeping it inside the liner to catch any little bits that may come loose. Once I've exposed the bulk of the hand if the client gently wiggles their fingers they slide out of the wax leaving you with a wax "glove" with a rolled up top inside the bag. Squeeze it into a ball in the bag, tie it up & pop it in the bin.

Thanks girls, must not be putting enough lotion on after the oil - the client does have dry hands as only has a manicure once a month!

I'm much the same as the other girls on the time scale (15-20mins for full benefits of the wax) But i recently went to Maddam Tussaud's and saw them casting peoples' hands in wax. Now this might sound a bit elaborate, but i think it could be worth a shot! To get their hands out of the wax, they first took a sort of spatula (you could use one of those cake spreading knives) , and ran it down the inside of the "glove" staying close to the skin all-round, then when there was enough of a gap they gently poured warm soapy water in a bit at a time. Stopping after each to wiggle the hand. The weight of the water and the soapiness helped to ease off the wax glove in one! I haven't tried this yet, but reading this thread made me think of it! If you decide to try it, let me know whether it works or not;) . But usually if there is enough lotion on the hands they should be easier coming out.
Hope this helps
p.s/ sorry M. T's for nicking your idea!:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back