How long for infills and full sets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
Hi I'm curious as to how long you girls book out for infills and full sets. Been doing nails many years now still takes me 1 hr 30 for infills with a colour . Just find it not very cost effective. Aldo what about nail art how do you charge for that

I hate nail art for exactly that reason, ppl fart around for ages choosing and changing their minds, and it can take way longer than the cost (I charge 50p per finger or 3/4£ for all 10) I try to only offer stamping and decals.
Picasso I am not lol

Full set 1hr-1hr15
Infills 45m-1hr
Both with colour
Varies depending on how much we talk! 16 years experience and doesn’t include nail art which would be another 5-20 mins depending

I find booking in several appts while we have diaries out is more time effective
Also my led lamp is 1min rather than 2

I hear stories of places that have you in and out in 30/35 mins but they’re not popular, people like to feel it’s an enjoyable friendly appt and don’t like to feel rushed.
Have you had a price rise lately? Can’t say I have for a few years for nails due to cheap competition

Hi no we are £30 for a full set and £20 for infills but infills also take us 1 hour 30 . How do you do them on 45 min -1 hour ? Do you do it all by hand

Yes I do it al by hand x

I hate nail art for exactly that reason, ppl fart around for ages choosing and changing their minds, and it can take way longer than the cost (I charge 50p per finger or 3/4£ for all 10) I try to only offer stamping and decals.
Picasso I am not lol

Full set 1hr-1hr15
Infills 45m-1hr
Both with colour
Varies depending on how much we talk! 16 years experience and doesn’t include nail art which would be another 5-20 mins depending

I find booking in several appts while we have diaries out is more time effective
Also my led lamp is 1min rather than 2

I hear stories of places that have you in and out in 30/35 mins but they’re not popular, people like to feel it’s an enjoyable friendly appt and don’t like to feel rushed.
Have you had a price rise lately? Can’t say I have for a few years for nails due to cheap competition
Do you display your nail art ? I do stamps too . I have a lot and people take forever to look through them. Thinking about making a display

Yes I have displays but I don’t get them out unless they’ve mentioned nail art (I bring it up early on when they choose their colour - the nail art is displayed on a separate wheel)if they do want some nail art they can think about it while I do their nails but often they still change their minds at the end
Stamping is good but I have an element of people who don’t want anything I’ve got and bring me pictures from Instagram or Pinterest for me to dupe [emoji849][emoji85][emoji32] that has me sweating but I do my best (altho I hate it) because I love my clients and want them to be happy

A set with nail art is 1hr 30 mins and infills are 45 mins although I rarely ever do infills as most of my clients want a change of colour and design at every appointment.
Clients usually either show me a photo or my regulars just tell me a colour and let me decide on the design.
I have an iPad in a stand on my desk and I show a slideshow of my work while I’m working then I also use it for my booking/payment system.

Yes I have displays but I don’t get them out unless they’ve mentioned nail art (I bring it up early on when they choose their colour - the nail art is displayed on a separate wheel)if they do want some nail art they can think about it while I do their nails but often they still change their minds at the end
Stamping is good but I have an element of people who don’t want anything I’ve got and bring me pictures from Instagram or Pinterest for me to dupe [emoji849][emoji85][emoji32] that has me sweating but I do my best (altho I hate it) because I love my clients and want them to be happy
This is what all my clients do they have a picture which they want me to copy

A set with nail art is 1hr 30 mins and infills are 45 mins although I rarely ever do infills as most of my clients want a change of colour and design at every appointment.
Clients usually either show me a photo or my regulars just tell me a colour and let me decide on the design.
I have an iPad in a stand on my desk and I show a slideshow of my work while I’m working then I also use it for my booking/payment system.
Are you using coloured acrylics ? We use gel polish and just file it off so we can change the colour at every appointment

Are you using coloured acrylics ? We use gel polish and just file it off so we can change the colour at every appointment

no I use gel polish and change it
I find it takes about 30 min to get all the old gel polish off re level and shape and length then 30 min for re application then 30 min to buff in and apply new colour

I don't do acrylic, I do gel but I charge the same for infill as a new set as most of the time it takes the same/more time, especially the longer the clients nails are. I know some people charge more for an infill.
Nail art, I have a rough breakdown of different styles ranging from 50p - £2.50 per nail. Depends on how long it takes, products, how much I hate doing it etc x

Latest posts

Back