How long for UV gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph4rose

Reaction score
How long does it take you to do UV Gel Polish? I use Gelish and it takes me an hour for application sometimes quicker or if they have all glitters sometimes a little longer and it takes 1.25 - 1.5 hours for a removal and re-application. I am going as fast as I can whilst still being as accurate as possible and prepping the nail as well as I can. Any tips? How long does it take everyone else? Thanks!

Usually an hour for me, sometimes less if the nails are in good condition. Don't worry thorough prep will ensure lasting results [emoji4]

I use Shellac. At the first salon, they gave us 45 mins or an hour with soak off. So when I started at my current salon, they only allowed 30 mins or 45 with glitter and an extra 15 for soak off. It was hard at first trying to get it down to that time, but I'm used to it now. I don't rush or slack on service, and make sure my prep is as great as I can get it before I apply any polish. Sometimes I may run over 3-5 mins.

It is just practise. Doing people back to back you will naturally just get in motion and speed up without even thinking about it. But I'm sure if clients are getting beautiful nails with lasting results, they won't mind how long you take. x

Im 30 mins for application, or 45 mins inc removal. I book out an hour though so Im not frantic, unless im trying to squeeze someone in xx

I'm usually 1 hour and 15 for removal and reapplication. Last one was that time but she chose 3 different colors and hand painted candy cane nails for her accent.

30-45 mins max if clients want glitter/some nail art. (Including removal)
You’ll speed up in time, I’ve worked in busy salons for years so it’s taken awhile to get to those timings xx

Thanks guys really appreciate your replies! I am not full time in a salon as have my own business so guess it will just take time to get speedy! X

Latest posts

Back