How long is the shelf life of L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahdae

Reaction score
I am sure this may have been answered before on here, but I could not find it in a search. So I just found some monomer and powders that I've had for 2 years, retention and perfect color powders.
I am NOT planning on using this on clients, I was just going to use it for my own nails, but I am wondering if it is too old or expired? Has anyone had experiences that lead them to belive the stuff gets old/unusable after time?

Also, if something goes bad, I would guess its the monomeer? Perhaps are the powders okay with some new monomer? Or should I toss the whole lot? Its a good amount of product and I hate to waste it.

Thanks!
Sarah

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong...but the shelf life usually is 2 years. So you should be OK.

The retention if OPENED and stored correctly its shelf life is 12 months... if un-opened and stored correctly.. much longer.. powders as long as sun hasnt got to them, (stored dry, in dark and cool enviroment) a few years.

so I am assuming the powders last longer than monomer, and the monomer lasts much longer if unopened.
Do any of you know what they signs of "old" monomer are?
What happens if you use it and it's too old (out of curiosity.)

Thanks!
Sarah

so I am assuming the powders last longer than monomer, and the monomer lasts much longer if unopened.
Do any of you know what they signs of "old" monomer are?
What happens if you use it and it's too old (out of curiosity.)

Thanks!
Sarah

The monomer would look very concentrated and much bluer than normal.

Shelf life depends on the conditions in which the product is stored.

Manufacturers will only gurantree a monomer for one year if kept in the optimim conditions BUT I have used monomer that I have had for 2 years (kept in the right conditions) and been perfectly alright.

Yes you can use your powders with new monomer.

Latest posts

Back