how long is too long to leave cuticle remover on??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
just reading someone elses post on another thread, and thought this was a relevant question on its own

( sorry for pinching the question!!)

any hows, sometimes i start to prep a clients nails ,as im working on another client
ie, my next client comes in for a hair appt and is then with me afterwards but sometimes its possible for me to split their service whislt, say they are having a colour processing,
so sometimes i have applied cuticle remover to them, and then not gone back to them for at least 20 mins whilst im finishing off another client

is there a time limit to having it on the nail?

would it be detrimental to the finished nail?

is it a waste of time to do this??

any advice would be greatly received thankyou

No problem, Lotus Blossom. :hug:
You've actually expanded it and I'll be interested in the answers from the Geeky Ones! :)

sorry for pinching it!!
but it did get me thinking about what i do
valid question
sorry again lol]

Mmmmm...dunno i guess as long as its cleaned off afterwards....wether its wet or dry they should be fine.

I cant see it being a waste of time cos even when its dried to that kind of thin skin finish its still removed the non living skin cos thats its job.

Its a good question xxx

Only problem i can see with doing this is if they rub their eyes and get it in them,
they are more likely to forget it is on there if they have it on that long

I wouldn't leave cuticle remover on for 20 mins, I think it could affect the adhesion of the acrylic/gel, the nail plate is porous so will be absorbing the remover also you may overexpose your client so they may become sensitive to the product. Cuticle remover only needs a couple of mins to work with a good metal cuticle pusher.
Lisa x

Same here,

I think 20 mins is a long time to leave a client unattended with cuticle remover on.

i think every product is different.... contact the manufacturer for their advice

xxxxxxxxx

I'd be careful how long I left it on for. I try and not go over 5 minutes as I think it can cause over exposure if it is left on too long.

I leave it about 3 min, I was told not to leave it too long.

If it is a cream cutical remover such as Creative Cutical Eraser, then you can safely leave that for 20 minutes no problem and it will not affect the adhesion of your product as long as you Scrub Fresh well after using it.

If you are using a Cutical Remover with a high AHA content such as Creative Cutical Remover, then 20 minutes is a long time ... the high AHA content could cause mild irritation to some. Remember to rinse off well before product application.

Latest posts

Back