How long should it take for different hairdressing services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallmale

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a beauty company and we now want to offer hairdressing services and so I am trying to find out how long it should take our girls to do a particular hairdressing service so I can book them in for the correct amount of time for each appointment.

1) The first service I need help with is Highlights (Full Head)

2) The second service I need help with is Highlights (Half a head)

3) Colouring a full head of hair

4) Shampoo, Cut and blowdry

Many thanks.

Lol. Good luck with that. ;)

Preset times are:

60-75 mins Full head
45-60 - Half head
45 Mins Full head tint
30-45 Regrowth
Cut & Blowdry is 45

also these are just industry standard times that most systems abide by

Thank you so much Charlottehair.

This information will be very helpful indeed.

Do you have adjust any of these times depending on how long the customer`s hair is? Or will it still be approximately the same?

Do you have adjust any of these times depending on how long the customer`s hair is? Or will it still be approximately the same?
Most salons just follow these times, but some salons will charge extra for afro hair. But if you was to charge more for for instance longer hair when blow drying, I think sometimes people can see this as a punishment for having long hair, best to keep it at one price and book out a extra 15 minutes.

You need to discuss this with your staff. Are you focusing on quantity over quality?
If you don’t know the first thing about hairdressing then at least employ a manager or senior stylist who does.
For instance, I rarely do a shampoo/cut/blow dry in 45 mins as I like to take my time starting with a detailed consultation.

Most salons just follow these times, but some salons will charge extra for afro hair. But if you was to charge more for for instance longer hair when blow drying, I think sometimes people can see this as a punishment for having long hair, best to keep it at one price and book out a extra 15 minutes.

Thank you so much Charlotte. Your advice has been great. I just want to make sure that all the employees have enough time to do each appointment without being rushed. And yes we will be keeping one price for all hair lengths and just allowing them more time to do customers with longer hair.

You need to discuss this with your staff. Are you focusing on quantity over quality?
If you don’t know the first thing about hairdressing then at least employ a manager or senior stylist who does.
For instance, I rarely do a shampoo/cut/blow dry in 45 mins as I like to take my time starting with a detailed consultation.
Thanks AcidPerm,

I just want to make sure all the staff have enough time to do perform a quality service without feeling rushed. But I wanted to know a recommended time for each service so that I can allow more time for each booking. Customer service and spending time talking to each client to listen to their requirements is very important so I want to allow for everything. Its important to build a good long term relationship with each client. And I will be employing a senior stylist to give advice about all matters but for now I want to learn as much as I can about this side of the business. I feel its important for all company owners to learn about all aspects of the business so that they can be fair to their employees.

Latest posts

Back