How long should my nails be for a manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xab3rcr0mbi3x

Reaction score
I finally stopped biting my nails. (only took 18 years!) and want to go for a *real* manicure. I've had acrylics done before but since I have my own nails, I want to get a french manicure and was wondering just how long my nails should be? Currently their just about 1/4 of an inch over my fingertip
Thanks!!:green:

Last edited:
for a french manicure you need to some length over the finger tip but it really doesn't matter how long they are as long as there is some natural white a tech can create great french tips with a french white polish :). Your's sound more than long enough hun

sounds fine .

its important to realise that manicuring is not just about the polish finish.
a good manicure can drastically improve the overal look of the hands and nails, even the shortest nails. additionally combined with a good aftercare regime and regular visits you will be able to acheive longer stronger nails and better skin.

well done for kicking the habit, thats a great acheivement.:)

sounds fine .

its important to realise that manicuring is not just about the polish finish.
a good manicure can drastically improve the overal look of the hands and nails, even the shortest nails. additionally combined with a good aftercare regime and regular visits you will be able to acheive longer stronger nails and better skin.

well done for kicking the habit, thats a great acheivement.:)
Just to reiterate what Susan said,they sound fine to me....if you have regular manicures with home maintenence,i.e cuticle oil,which i can not stress enough,you will get great results:hug:

they sound perfect to me....french gives the illusion of length so for me clients only need a little free edge to create a lovely french finish.

well done on kicking the habbit..:hug:

Yes, well done for stopping nibbling. The only thing that stops me is having enhacements on. If I don't, next thing I know I have no free edge left on any of my nails!

Latest posts

Back