How long should your hair be for extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laydee Danielle

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me how long hair should be before extensions can be put in as ive read so many different things.

So for ive seen:
1) 6 inches all over
2) 4 inches all over
3) As long as you can get it into a ponytail

Ive got an appointment for them next Friday and im scared my hair won't be long enough. I can't get to the salon before then for them to have a look

Thank you for any help you can give me

around 6 inches u shd be able to pull bk in ponytail no matter how long pony is hth x

I think it also depends on the experience of the person who is doing your hair extensions as I have worked on hair shorter than six inches and had a great result.

I did some at a college towards my level 3 she had a uniform layer of about 3",it looked fab

There is no written rule any where that says how long the hair should be to have extensions.
I feel that it is down to the extension tech and the client to decide taking in to consideration the clients expections and life style. For example if the client wears their hair up mostly then the hair needs to be longer to ensure the bonds are hidden however if the client has their hair mostly down then the hair can be shorter.
Personally I wont install extensions for clients whos hair is shorter than 4 inchs.

thank you, I have been told that if the hair isnt long enough for long extensions I can still have short ones but I have decided that if this is the case I will wait for my hair to get longer

Latest posts

Back