How long to do your OWN enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
As I was doing my rebalance this morning, it got me to thinking. I generally do my own nail extensions a few at a time, when they need it, and when I can fit them in. For example, at the moment I have 9 that are rebalanced, 4 of which I did this morning, 4 I did 2 nights ago, and 1 last night. The other is awaiting a spare few mins to get done!

I thought it would be interesting to find out how long people spend on their own enhancements, if they do them. Being rather a beginner and right handed, my right hand takes me bloomin ages :green:! Left isn't so bad, I think I can rebalance my complete left hand in around 1 hour.

How about you?

I did a whole set of P&W sculpts in 2 hours the other day, was my first attempt at sculpt not using tips so i was quite impressed that i did it in 2 hours:wink2:

it usually takes me about 2 hours, i wont say they are perfect but i just feel so lost without them on so as long as they look ok i dont mind, my nails always get ruined when im doing other peoples. my job is to make eveyones elses nails beautiful and mine take a beating lol

30-45 per hand. depends on what I am doing.. I've got two tone tips at the moment (sculptor) so they took about 45 per hand... and I do them all at once.. I hardly ever have standard P&W if I do they are off within 3 days max as I get bored with them... so every 2 weeks I normally like a complete change.. I am so into my black and white tips at the moment and they are a definite money earner.. I've handed out at least a dozen cards to admirers so far.

I do my own set in about 2 hours......I usually have them about 1/2 inch long .....I know I like em long ! :rolleyes:.......but once on ....I spend the next two weeks messing about with them trying to get them " perfect" :rolleyes: somehow that's never achieved ! LOL but they still look good :)

Anywhere between 2 and 4 hours!:eek: It depends on how distracted I get and how many times I stop to put the kettle on and have a fag!

i usally spend about 45 mintues once a fortnight to do them, although since being pregnant i have had to re-do them every week as they are growing so fast! i did them last night and it took 30 mins

I'm with you sals lol

Depends on what I have and how good my natural nails are, generally they are good so I overlay them and that takes me about 45mins-1hr, with Brisa, if I do something sparkly then a bit longer and then if I have to tip my nails forst then anything up to 3 hours, depending on distractions....ie. the kids, phone etc.

I do tend to faff alot with my own nails, and try out different things, so sometimes I feel like Im forever doing them!

As I was doing my rebalance this morning, it got me to thinking. I generally do my own nail extensions a few at a time, when they need it, and when I can fit them in. For example, at the moment I have 9 that are rebalanced, 4 of which I did this morning, 4 I did 2 nights ago, and 1 last night. The other is awaiting a spare few mins to get done!

I thought it would be interesting to find out how long people spend on their own enhancements, if they do them. Being rather a beginner and right handed, my right hand takes me bloomin ages :green:! Left isn't so bad, I think I can rebalance my complete left hand in around 1 hour.

How about you?

I am sooo with you on the days to complete my set. I use Creative's Brisa (and love it!) I never complete all 10 in one sitting. usually i'll do the 4 fingers on left one day, the next day i'll do the 4 fingers on my right; 4 fingers on myself takes me about 45 minutes on my left and an hour for my right hand (am right handed!) then about another day or maybe 2 i do the thumbs....what a process!!:lol:

Well I have a ME time:lol: take a morning when I have nothing else on and start with the re balance which now I use an e file is a dodle:lol: and then I go for the whole body moisturizer bit and don't forget the latte and the chick flick:lol:

I like you're style, Suzy.
I feel that I'm so busy giving everyone else their 'ME' time, that my 'ME' time is about 10 o'clock at night when I'm done in !!!
So, right now, I've managed to do 2 nails, then poured myself some wine, and think that I'd be better waiting till the morning to do the other 8..............:rolleyes:

2 hrs for me too. (full set sculpts in french)

Prefer to do a colour gel overlay tho as this cuts the time down by an hour.

It takes me about 2 hours to do mine and I like to do them all at once, my left hand is the hardest (i'm left handed) and try to do them every two to three weeks. I put it off as much as I can.
:lol:

2 hours for me :)

Not long enough, I crunch the tips after about 10 days.....I need to go and pay for someone to do mine, I might takemore care of them then!

Latest posts

Back