How long to give a skin product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
I've always had trouble with my skin, mainly congestion under the skin, my hormones are all over at the moment but started a new skin care routine 3 weeks ago it's clinic anti blemish and the lady said will make skin worse before it gets better but it's getting worse each day! Is this normal or should it be settling by now? I'm feeling really low about this and any advice would be great thanks x x

You've answered your own question there with the hormone remark.
Any product you use is going to be treating the symptoms and not the cause, and until the hormone imbalance is addressed your products will be fighting against the underlying condition.
I assume you mean Clinique when you say clinic?
Not my first choice when it comes to skincare!

You've answered your own question there with the hormone remark.
Any product you use is going to be treating the symptoms and not the cause, and until the hormone imbalance is addressed your products will be fighting against the underlying condition.
I assume you mean Clinique when you say clinic?
Not my first choice when it comes to skincare!

Sorry yes Clinique, I can normally keep it under control but my whole face seems to have bumps underneath. I just thought maybe this is them coming out but I worried if I keep using it my skins just going to get worse!
I'm starting to wonder about Clinique now x

Are you using the Clinique 3 step? If so I have to agree with Lynne, not the best there is out there! Many people find it much too harsh and their skin will react to it.

Are you using the Clinique 3 step? If so I have to agree with Lynne, not the best there is out there! Many people find it much too harsh and their skin will react to it.

Yes, I'm starting to think it is too harsh, my skin is oily and thought I'd be ok but I don't think it is! Wish I'd gone back to dermaligica as used in the past and still got spots but not likethis :( x x

I have an oily skin and in my 40's I still get the odd spot :irked: I've been using Clarins for about a year now and really like that, my skin seems to too lol

I have an oily skin and in my 40's I still get the odd spot :irked: I've been using Clarins for about a year now and really like that, my skin seems to too lol

I've Tried that before and not great for me, the thing is although I'm oily I'm sensitive too, I'm even more fed up now the money I spent as the lady was selling me all sorts, mind it's was my bf who paid!
I'm 40 in two yrs wonder when I will stop getting spots :( x x

If you can say that you've had a reaction to the products then they will refund you :)

If you can say that you've had a reaction to the products then they will refund you :)
Aww thanks for the advice, it shouldnt as worse things happen but gets me down:hug:xx

Someone in the same position as me, thank goodness I am not the only one!!!!

I have sensitive combination skin and if I get one thing under control the other seems to get worse . Decleor was great for a couple of years but then I moved to Dermologica which is good for the sensitive side.

What is a great rebalancing night cream?

Someone in the same position as me, thank goodness I am not the only one!!!!

I have sensitive combination skin and if I get one thing under control the other seems to get worse . Decleor was great for a couple of years but then I moved to Dermologica which is good for the sensitive side.

What is a great rebalancing night cream?
Hi im not quite sure, i feel like i spend all my effort in keeping spots at bay i havent even thought about wrinkles, night creams ect!
My skin is so sore off clinique, so harsh and made spots worse :(
I think ill be going back to dermalogica clay cleanser xx

Hi im not quite sure, i feel like i spend all my effort in keeping spots at bay i havent even thought about wrinkles, night creams ect!

Decleaor Ylang Ylang night balm is very nice and using the extra oil is helpful as the skin does not panic at thinking it as been stripped. Decleor Aroma Night Ylang Ylang Purifying Night Balm 30ml £29.99 - Ladies Skin Care - Decleor Women's Perfume | Men's Aftershave | Skin Care | Beauty | Hair care|Pique Perfumes\Cornwall I think my skin became too used to it though.

I totally agree with this I am nearly 30 and spend most of my time worrying about my spots/blemishes I forget about taking care of my eyes etc! I had perfect skin up until about 4 years go when my boyfriend bought me a clinique set for Xmas, I had been after it for soooo long and was so excited (plus I knew how expensive it was) And well my skin has never been the same since and for the worse, my skin completely broke out in spots and I haven't been able to get rid and I was recently diagnosed with Rosacea. It maybe a complete coincidence of course but it really did all start after using clinque
:( xx

I would probably recommend the whole Decleor purifying range which includes the yang yang aromessence and night balm. Much more gentle and kind to the skin whilst slowing down the sebum production and purifying the skin.

Forgot to say. Definitely give any new products 4 weeks. That's how long the new skin cells being produced take to get to the surface. Also drinking lots of water every day should help clear your skin too but again will take a good 4 weeks before results start to show!

Howdy

I would highly recommend the Elemis SOS balm - when I was going through full blown adult acne it was the only thing that reduced the redness and painful ness and helped them heal. Truly amazing stuff. Although you will think the balm like texture will make your skin greasy as long as its warmed properly it doesn't.

It's also superb on sensitised skins too as it has a calming effect too.

Oh and as a sideline, when I first ventured into skincare Clinique was the first brand I tried and I can only reiterate the other posters comments...it really is too harsh for an unbalanced skin and strips the oil which is not what you want.

Hope this helps.

Rich :)

Thanks for all the great advice, im sending all Clinique back and I'm lucky my boyfriend bought me dermaligica so my skin will hopefully calm down as very sore :( x x

Latest posts

Back