How long until I can train with an e-file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all just after opinions really. With a history of arthritis in hands in my family I always thought l&p would be tricky! I'm just getting back into l&p and finding my hands really hurt with filing and I'm worried about long term damage to myself. I'm just pondering whether an e-file would help me with this and would you say it's only something to train with as a seasoned pro? Should I wait till I've well and truly got l&p under my belt before training with one or is it ok to get into relatively quickly would you think? Any advice appreciated - I really don't want to be causing damage to clients but then I'd think I could cause damage with a hand file if I wasn't careful so any thoughts welcome xx

I know that NSI recommend 6 months of experience before going on their course :) xx

Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd read somewhere that you need x amount under your belt but wasn't sure. Anyone know any other companies? Can search when I get home

I'm new to l and p too but got an efile last week! I'm not using it on clients yet though, I'm practicing a whole lot before tht on a very low speed x

Think I'll do some research online when I get home....

I'm new to l and p too but got an efile last week! I'm not using it on clients yet though, I'm practicing a whole lot before tht on a very low speed x

Funny I have done the same thing. My friend was selling her Kupa UP200 which I bought from her. At the Moment I'm simply getting the hang of it on my nail trainer. Getting used to the speed and pressure until I book a course.

NSI, young nails and Nubar all do courses where you don't need to purchase the drill.

Xx. Let me know what you choose

Funny I have done the same thing. My friend was selling her Kupa UP200 which I bought from her. At the Moment I'm simply getting the hang of it on my nail trainer. Getting used to the speed and pressure until I book a course.

NSI, young nails and Nubar all do courses where you don't need to purchase the drill.

Xx. Let me know what you choose

Even on a low speed I nip myself so Defo not going near clients x

Thanks guys. I think I ought to wait a while then xx

Even on a low speed I nip myself so Defo not going near clients x

Where have you nipped yourself. Also I think it's very hard to do your own nails let alone use an electric file on them.

At least with the nail trainer you can position it like a real hand in front of you.

I won't go near anyone until I've trained I just had the opportunity to start trying it out on the nail trainer xx

Where have you nipped yourself. Also I think it's very hard to do your own nails let alone use an electric file on them.

At least with the nail trainer you can position it like a real hand in front of you.

I won't go near anyone until I've trained I just had the opportunity to start trying it out on the nail trainer xx

Hi Karen
I've just got an efile from young nails, I do the training in monday, I got myself a nail trainer for the dreaded acrylics with the idea of practising my acrylics and then using " Henrietta" as my guineypig for the efile.
How are u finding it? 😃

Hi Karen
I've just got an efile from young nails, I do the training in monday, I got myself a nail trainer for the dreaded acrylics with the idea of practising my acrylics and then using " Henrietta" as my guineypig for the efile.
How are u finding it? 😃

OMG im addicted I'm down my shed every opportunity with the nail trainer. I watched Greg salo I formation filing and every day I'm getting more confident. I won't even go near the cuticle yet because I dont have a safety bit for that yet and yes I know it's only a nail trainer but don't want to get into bad habits. I think a nail trainer is an absolute must with e filing. It's one thing to mess up a bit of acrylic on my family, quite another to do damage with an electric file.

Saying that I'm not scared of it just respectful. I actually can't wait to train. I'm going with Denise Wright because NSI do servicing on the UP200. They are only half an hours drive from me and I literally paid peanuts for a fully serviced drill so for once I'm quids in. How are you doing Hun xxxx

On my cuticle, not got the safety bit so that's probs where I'm going wrong, x

On my cuticle, not got the safety bit so that's probs where I'm going wrong, x

Easily done. I believe the safety bit is sort of curved upwards and rounded so makes working in that area easier, although you can still domdamage without training. Good luck Hun xx

Latest posts

Back