How long until you were busy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
I've started renting a beauty room and was wondering how long it took others with a Beauty room to become busy when starting with no client base? I know it takes time & can depend on area etc x

I had not one client for two weeks! Then worked my butt off to get clients in took about two months but I worked bloody hard all hours x

Anyone else??

Have you done any advertising or promotion offers, flyers to get clients through the door? Xxx

I rent a treatment room in a hair salon and I only work 3 days a week... Some weeks I'm fully booked and others it's really quiet... I've been doing it for a year and a half nearly and I still have quiet days...

The best thing you can do is to advertise properly, local paper, local shops and businesses etc, as well as leaflet drops and flyers. You can get some great deals on vista print if you don't already use them.

Also consider issuing loyalty cards to existing clients as this is an incentive for them to come back to you.

Like you I had no client base (I worked in accounts before and re-trained) just be dedicated and patient and things will work out

Good luck x x x

Have you done any advertising or promotion offers, flyers to get clients through the door? Xxx

Yeah I did a promotion when I first started and now got a few offers on, I've done a massive leaflet drop it was the first thing I did x

Yeah I did a promotion when I first started and now got a few offers on, I've done a massive leaflet drop it was the first thing I did x

Have you not got a local magazine that gets posted round your area?? I advertise in the one in my area and I've had sooo much back from it so much that this is the only advertising I do once a month, never had to do a leaflet drop as I've got so much back from the local magazine. Xxx

Have you not got a local magazine that gets posted round your area?? I advertise in the one in my area and I've had sooo much back from it so much that this is the only advertising I do once a month, never had to do a leaflet drop as I've got so much back from the local magazine. Xxx

Yea me & the hairdressers where I work are going to put an ad in I think, hopefully this will bring more people in! Thanks :)

Hi, I was wondering if you have worked out a regular promotional plan for a time period ie the next six months for example? If not, that would be my recommendation and that way you are staying in the public eye more consistently. Maybe you have done this but it sounded like you did some promotional things and then stopped. I wonder too if you can leverage the hair salon you mentioned and start to talk to their clients and/or go in an offer treatments while they are sitting the chair OR a joint offer of some sort? All the other promotional activities you mentioned are great - and I have always found leaflet drops to be really good. Who is the clientele you are targeting? What sort of treatments do you offer? Might be able to offer better advice if I knew a bit more.

Would you mind if I aks you what was the content in your advert?

Latest posts

Back